You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Basement A/C unit not starting

Should work out good.  Dwight has always done top notch stuff for us on our coach.

Worked great! Replaced all three without much trouble. The motor comes with a capacitor that you simply mount on the squirrel cage housing.
5/16 shaft, correct length, correct motor diameter.
I did have to hack saw off 2 studs on the motor housing that were in the way of the bracket clamp. Easy.
Word to the wise: make sure you swap the purple/yellow plug in to connect the purple to yellow, and yellow to purple so the motor spins the correct direction, because this motor is reversible!

John, Sheri & Lily Kai Curwick
1996 Newell #406, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock, FJ Cruiser, Harley Fatboy. 35 CABO Express Tongue

(05-24-2017, 09:50 PM)Shamu406 Wrote:  Worked great! Replaced all three without much trouble. The motor comes with a capacitor that you simply mount on the squirrel cage housing.
5/16 shaft, correct length, correct motor diameter.
I did have to hack saw off 2 studs on the motor housing that were in the way of the bracket clamp. Easy.
Word to the wise: make sure you swap the purple/yellow plug in to connect the purple to yellow, and yellow to purple so the motor spins the correct direction, because this motor is reversible!

Hey John, I'm installing the same motors in mine and was wondering how did you wire the new motor? Cause by the looks of it I'm going to have a left over red wire and do I need to mount the green wire from the motor to the squirrel cage housing? thanks in advance......

Rick and Barb Carlson

1996 Newell #405