You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Basement A/C unit not starting

Good luck Dean, if you can find one, you are a better finder than I am. That's why I two of had mine rebuilt at a cost likely greater than the cost to replace them.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Heck with a company Johnstones Supply http://www.johnstonesupply.com/storefront/index.ep they are a national supplier to the HVAC industry.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Thanks Doug, I will add that one to my bookmarks. At the time, we checked all of the supplier books that the electric motor repair/rebuilt shop had and could not find one that matched the specs (size, shaft diameter, rotational speed, hp, etc) of the one originally used on the old Dometic units.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I have a friend who has the same problem with that motor. Not able to find a replacement, so if you could give me the contact info on the company in NM that repaired it that would be great. We have not been able to find a rebuilder in the Dallas area.

Thanks Fasteddie
214 384-6339 cell

Ed and Penny Thomas
Anna, TX
98 Newell
coach #490

I have 3 condenser fan motors that are bad. Does anyone know where to get them? They are Emerson k33hxcdk-929
I'm going to a rebuilder today, hoping they can be done. But need a Plan B, if needed.
Someone mentioned Johnstone Supply, but they do not show any in a search on their site.
Thanks all.

John, Sheri & Lily Kai Curwick
1996 Newell #406, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock, FJ Cruiser, Harley Fatboy. 35 CABO Express Tongue

We had one of ours replaced in Phx. They could not find exact motor so them got an air cooled one from Grainger but had to cut shaft as I recall. Can't find the exact number for it. Newell had same info for us. Ours is the Duotherm split system so it may not apply if you have the newer basement air system.

I believe mine is the Dometic system. This is a 1996 Newel. the guy here at the rebuild shop says he cannot get them anymore nor or rebuild them. But for $275 a piece he can find a replacement but it needs the squirrel cage drilled out for the shaft if it and to remove the brackets. All in all a 1170.00 for 3 to be handed back to me to install back in the coach. Ouch! Anyone have any other suggestions for me?

Correction, 1070.00

1996 Newell #406, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock, FJ Cruiser, Harley Fatboy. 35 CABO Express Tongue

Look for a shop that rebuilds electric motors, if they can't rebuild yours they might be able to adapt a new one to fit. I din't think there's anything special about that motor except the shaft size and length.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

The rebuilder probably cannot get the bearings. I'm thinking there is a thread here someplace where someone bought a new similar motor and swapped the end plates .

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I ordered 3 condenser motors from Grainger #3RCX7
Dwight at Newell said they installed these for a customer recently.
They come with a capacitor too, 85.00 each
Hope they do the job.