You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

basement air fix

hi all,

last night i noticed the basement air return air filters had one missing. they are under the entrance steps. i figured it had sucked it up because the airflow to the front vents was down to almost nothing.

i looked and didnt see anything in the plenum. so richard and steve came over early this morning and was able to see the filter stuck deep in the plenum. so richard made a grabber out of coat hangers and got it out. if it wouldnt have been there, it would have required pulling the basement air unit out. the guys at newell talked me through how to remove it this morning but thankfully i didnt have to.

thanks to richard and steve.

then i made a trip to ace and got a stainless rod that i cut into two pieces and ran it through the filter element so i could use them to wedge it in the space with NO possibility it could ever get sucked in again.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

spoke too soon. tonite the front air was doing the same thing. the filter being out was a coincidence evidently.

cold air but no flow on front ac.

going to tear into it in the morning with richards help. gotta get it fixed to be comfortable on this trip

tom

ok, a long day of trying to figure it out.

with the help of many gurus, we took the front basement air entirely out of the coach. now that i know how to do it, it isnt too bad. i did find 4 of the return air filters in the plenum and some paper. dont think that impacted anything, but it is cleaned out now anyway.

we got some wire from dean and hooked up the unit while it was out of the coach. it ran perfectlhy and temps stayed the same on both compressors. there was no indication of any freon being absent.

we measured te airflow and current at each compressor and each fan.

all currents seemed ok.

it blew cold and blew strong. the front ac only services the two main ducts in the front salon.

cleaned all coils and re-installed.

not sure what else to do. it has been running fine all afternoon.

richard also put a top off charge in my dash air.

thanks to all that helped me today

tom

Here are a few pictures of the SCS unit:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Tom.

Would love to have update when you get time

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

so far so good. it is over 100 degrees here in lethbridge and it is running strong.

the dash air was good enough we didnt even have the genny running the last 2 days.

thanks richard

tom