You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

VMSpc & cruise control problems

Yesterday while driving towards Sheridan, WY my cruise control quit working and my VMSPC started acting weird, some of the gauges would go to 0 then after a few minutes would come back. And whenever I would press my brake pedal the rearview camera would go blank, it would stay on but would lose the picture. Then it would take a few seconds for the gauges to update.
Also once I hooked up to electric my inverter panel showed an E-13 error (battery 2 sense leads open) I checked the battery and it was fine. I checked the fuses and wires under the kick panel and all looked ok.
This was the first time I used my cb radio, which didn't work right. I could only transmit or receive about 100 yards. I eventually turned it off but not sure if it was related to the other problems or not.
Any ideas?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Richard would suggest that you check the grounds (always a great idea). A loose connection from the VMSpc could cause the issues with it but that should not have any affect on the backup camera or the cruise control. You might check the connection into the DDEC and if it is a twist lock connection, remove the connector and clean it. That would still not have any impact on the back up camera. The cb range is significantly affected by the location and quality of the antenna. If the antenna connections have any corrosion on them, it will significantly reduce range. I changed my antenna, using the same antenna wire and mounting bracket and it helped some but the range is still not what I would like it to be although MUCH better than 100 yards. I could likely increase my range more if I had mine straight up rather than angled back but it would hit more tree branches.

The brake pedal has input to the cruise control but not to the rearview camera so that is a strange relationship.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

all of that is 12v powered. did you look at the ground bolt behind the passenger seat electrical kick panel to see if the nut was lose that holds all those grounds on a bolt?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Yes, the grounds are tight. Also all of the wires in the elect. panel in engine compartment are tight.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

The drive from Sheridan to Billings went great. VMSpc worked like it should. Cruise control ditto. Inverter is working right.
But, there's always a but, the rear camera is out. Yesterday whenever I'd press my brakes I'd lose the signal to the camera. Well today I just have a blank screen. So I'll check out the cables & power wires (yes the ground too) and see what's going on.
Safely tucked away in the Billings KOA. "Sure we park all the 45' ers there". Fun to jockey back and forth without a rear camera. Smile

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337