You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Basement air repairs

Does Dave Holmes in Indiana not have the compressor squirrel cage fan motors anymore? That would be a big problem.
A couple years ago a local electric motor rebuilder looked at one and said he could maybe rebuild it but it wouldn't be cheap, he said the problem was with the sealed bearings. You might have some luck finding a local shop to rebuild.
I think at some point we all will have to convert to roof airs, not looking forward to that.
My local a/c guy repaired mine once and said he might be able to find a compressor and condenser that would work. You just need to find someone willing to work on these units. Once he saw that the compressor unit could be pulled out he was willing to look at it.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest,

I couldn't agree more, it's not easy but if you find an AC tech who is willing to TRY to help you it will get fixed. I'll admit it is not always easy to find someone. Especially if you are on the road.

I was impressed when a friend told me that you can buy evaporator/condensor coils in certain deminsions to fit your particular unit!

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot