You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hello - Help Finding a Clue?

The more I look the more I think I'm probably out of my mind to consider it. These are all listed on the Vegas craigslist. It is a lawyer that is offering as some odd court deal. They had them inspected in CA what looks like last year, but, it doesn't look like it was more than cursory. The coaches are '77, '78, and '84. The fires all are small enough to likely not have been reported, so not sure that would affect the titles. But, doesn't change the fact that there was some level of fire...

I have a pretty broad skill set, but still have no experience with a bus, so still no idea how much I'd be beyond my abilities. And And I know I don't have the larger tools and equipment. Hmm, I seem to talking myself back from the edge huh?

So I guess this goes back to one of my original questions, even if a coach still runs and drives, at what point is there just no value in trying to bring it back? On the other side, what things are definite no-go's at any price?

there is no absolute answer to your question. but....there are plenty of nice coaches out there in most every price range if you are patient in looking.

ones that dont require complete overhauls.

i have done lots of refurbishing on both of my newells and it is very time consuming and can be quite expensive.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I may have a lead on a 1983 Newell for you.....just got an email on that that is coming on the market. I'll check into it and get some of the info to you if it looks worth pursuing.....I believe it is located in Georgia.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Of the three I'd pick the 80' as had engine in 12'. The other 2 - out..
That should keep u busy for a few years. Good luck

Jimmy

Well the 77 and 84 were sold. The 78 is still for sale, but it is the one with the large cracks and had the roof unit fire. On the other hand, it was actually started in the last few months...

But, I'm learning that the Cummins 555VT may be trouble even if it is good. First year the Cummins was put in the Newell? Is there hope for this engine, or is it not worth the trouble?

Not worth the trouble.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

Don't walk away, Jonathanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RUN!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Thank you all for you input. These have all gone to be someone else's migraine, which I have no doubt is the nest for me and my family. So I continue to look for something to move cross county in with the family at my price point, which puts me out of any bus in the last couple decades...

Jonathan