You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Class III hitch on front of coach

Todd, so you do not have Receivers on the Front? how about on the Rear? We have Receivers outboard on the front and the rear and there are towing hooks for them.
What towing attachment are you using for the toad? I would suggest using caution using anything that could weaken that attachment.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

I just ordered one from genyhitch.com Model #GH304. It is rated for 10000lb and can be used to level the tow bar when towing a toad that is higher than the coach. I can see someone using it to tow and have a bike rack in the top position.

Pete and Debbie Opel
Coach #419, 1996

I have the front receivers on both sides. I can haul a spare tire and rim up there if I want to bring it along.
Right now it just holds the flag pole when I'm parked.
I am planning on making an insert to center a bike rack when towing, should be simple to make.

Scott

1983 38' Classic #007
8.3 Cummins, Allison 6 spd.
"Any other Way"

Could it be for a motorcycle ramp. I've seen two receivers about 2 or 21/2 feet apart on the rear and they were used for a motorcycle.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Scott I have the same receivers up front on my '82....the prior owner carried a motorcycle there I believe.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I hadn't thought of putting the bike up there, that's a nice option as well.

Scott

1983 38' Classic #007
8.3 Cummins, Allison 6 spd.
"Any other Way"

I have 3 receiver hitches on the back of mine, the po had a motorcycle on the two outside ones on a rack and pulled a trailer with the center one. Is built very sturdy.
I bet the old 555 cummins had its pants full pulling it all!!
What bothers me is my engine door swings sideways and im a fanatic when it comes to checking oils etc. If there was anything in the way the door wont open. I might make it it open vertically instead with a couple of struts.
It is a pita the way it is.

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

Yep, I have to be careful when I park to be sure nothing is obstructing the opening of any of my doors, including the engine bay doors.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com