You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

amana fridge replacement

Thanks for clarification Matt... Now I recall the entire story.... See you and Connie in a few weeks .. Drive safe so you can enjoy my cold beer.....

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Regarding removing the frig through a window, in my coach the spiral stairs spiral to the front of the coach whereas Tom's spiral to the rear. The extra extended counter space would prohibit removal through the door.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Same for me, there is no way it goes out the door. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

But hey Matt, seriously coming near here? We need to have a Beer and a Laugh!

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

ah....that makes sense about the staircase the other way with that overhang you have on the counter. luckily i didnt have that.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

When replacing the frig in my coach it will not be a problem getting it out the door. It is 42" wide. That is the only advantage however.Chappell

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

yea, we were laughing about that when were squeezing ours in and out of the coach.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom, sure would like to see some photos of all that hard work. My turn might be next. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Our coach was the straight stair way mid door. Im sure if you have the curved stairway, you are going out the emergency window or the windshield

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides
Detroit Diesel  series 60   turned up to 745 hp  

Nice work, I have been following this thread. 

Our Amana quit cooling the other day, but I noticed one thing that clued me into what might be happening.

I noticed that there was no air being pushed out the bottom like normal, so it seemed the fan was not working. We pulled the fridge out today and did a bunch of cleaning, man the coils were quite dirty. BTW, get yourself a bottle brush from the dollar store, worked great to get to all the coils, then got in there with the vacuum to get all the debris out. As far as the fan goes, after I cleaned in there it seems its working for now. 

I have ordered what I think is the correct fan, once I confirm its the correct fan I will post the part number here just in case someone else needs it. 

I am hopeful our fridge will go a while as it appears the evaporator and the compressor were replaced in 2009 I believe, it was written on the back in sharpie that they had been replaced. So hopefully a fan and the fridge will live on for a while. I am sure at some point we will be ready to replace it but we have enough other things that we would like to get done right now.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)