You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Right RZR

OK Guys, I am thinking about getting a RZR to take along to play with. I have noticed that some of you have them already. I need a little guidance on what to look for, and what to stay away from. Any suggestions?

Coach Name: Hakuna Matata, 2005 Coach 722 47' Quad Slide, DD Series 60, Allison 6 Speed, Featherlite Toy Hauler

I have a 570LE which along with the 800 are the only 50" wide UTVs so they can fit down any ATV trail and also fit in the back of a pickup truck between the wheel wells. I carry mine in a Chevy Z71 6-1/2 short bed and have seen others with a 6' and 8' bed.
I chose the 570LE because it came with power steering, which is nice in rocky terrain, and engine braking which works pretty well. Another bonus is much easier to service the engine. There is a panel in the truck bed that pops off to access the top of the engine. The engine oil check is on the side near the wheel. Other than that it is the same as the 800.
Let us know when you get one and we'll meet up and ride.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Good post Forest and I will add that the 4 seater 800 has greater stability, ride and drifts and holds the trail with little effort.

Forest, have you been riding in Canada ?

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Not yet, been helping Tom with his fridge problem. He's determined the compressor is bad and is now searching for one that will fit the opening.
But the weather is beautiful. Tom found a new campground Beaver Run that is on a golf course. Very nice and quiet in the country.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

My Z71 has a 6 foot bed and the back of my rear tires hang a few inches off the back of my tailgate. My '13 800 LE doesn't have power steering or engine braking. I haven't needed the P/S and I blip the throttle on the steep downhills so it doesn't freewheel. Ron Skeen is to blame for most of our RZR purchases Smile I am stunned by the performance over rocks, thru water, sand, and gravel. We went places in the Black Hills that nothing else could have traversed. These things are like mountain goats. With your toy hauler you may have room for the 4 seater, 103" wheelbase and 130" long, 1255 lbs vs my 77" wheelbase and 103" long, 978 lbs. By loading into a pickup you can travel to the trail head and leave the coach parked.This totally added a new dimension to motorcoaching for me.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

I am riding in CO now with Jack from TX. He has a stacker which he hauls 2 HD, RZR, CAR, and fold up trailer for the RZR which he pull with the car. He paid 350+ for the trailer which I have pulled with my RZR in the truck. I have a 24ft all alum open car hauler weight 1500lps and a total pay load 10K. I am going to sale the alum trailer when I get back home in sept. i will be going back to hauling the Rzr on a carrier on the MC and flat toeing my Dodge 1500 crew cab with the GW, BMW, and bike in the bed. I have travel this way with my 89 and 96 Newells for the last 10 years. In my opinion flat toeing work best for me. I think the 50" rzr is the best bet because you are not restricted to trails and it will haul in the back of a pickup. The best trail in UT are the 50" but I do hope this change soon. I hoping Polaris will come out with a 900 in a 50" classic. Next best would be to put a torbo on a 570 and I am considering this option. the 570LE doses have a better suspinsion, power steerin, and engine brake and a 50 " chassic

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

I have purchase a 2013 RZR S 800 which work for hauling in a short bed dodge. It is 60" wide and leave the front bumper off and it ride on the tailgate. You have enough room to put ramp resting on tailgate to unload. I have already put 600+ miles since Oct. and the suspension and ground clearance is much better than the 50 inch. Most all trails, except in Utah you are fine and even in Utah 95% are OK. The model with the Fox shocks is the best. Power steering is worth the money.

That yellow truck looks pretty good but that RZR...looks like you still have that TN mud all over it! LOL Jeff washed ours yesterday but I think it is going to need another washing to get it really clean!!

Pam

Jeff and Pam Reganall
1996 45' Newell Coach #432 Series 60, Allison 6 Speed
Towing 2012 3/4T Ram Truck loaded with the RZR XP Turbo

ron, i will give ya $100 for it. and you deliver it to az. and leave it with a full tank of gas.

sound ok?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Sound good to me if I can clear it with Jean. You take over the IOU to her.