You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Spearfish back alley find

While at the Guru Rally my family hiked a mountain called Crow Peak. As we crossed Spearfish we spied this old coach off an alley with some other RV's and cars. I did not call on it because mine is enough work already but what year do you suppose it is?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

not sure about these older Bluebirds. I was looking into those when we found our Newell. Still great looking!!

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Built like tanks with similar weight. Engine is in the front with the noise and heat that comes with that. Will probably last forever. Don't be in a hurry, the hp to weight ratio is not good

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Hey Todd, We are still in Spearfish for the week. Where can I go take a peak at the old coach for a photo opp ?.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

The older front engine (Forward Control or FC) Wanderlodges were produced from 1963-1989. Front mounted Cat 3208 diesel engines were added to the gasoline front engine in 1977. If it has air suspension it would be a mid 1980 model or later as the leaf suspension was used through the first part of the 1980 model year. In 1983, a rear bath model was introduced.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Early ones had an NA with 225-250 hp. Later ones got the turbo which helped immensely. I think even a couple of the absolute last ones had a 300hp. I know of one that was rolled as the driver went into the median to avoid an accident that happened right in front of them. It was righted and driven home. Yes it did need repair, but they are built like a tank.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

Yep,,,Bluebird FC. I looked at one of these before buying my first Newell. It was beautiful, very well maintained. I lost interest after hearing how loud the engine was when the owner started that Cat 3208. Also, they are all steel with all of the benefits and challenges that represents.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Larry call my brother in law Dave Kimball at 604-641-0923. He lives right there in spearfish and can tell you where it is. It's just on the west side of town. He knows your name and is expecting your call.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

late 70s' bird.

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Thanks Todd, Will give him a call when I can get some Verizon service in town....I will post a photo for all

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border