You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Campgrounds for 45 footers

I added Stella Mare Resort in Galveston, Texas to my list on the first page of this thread.  It is located across the street from the beach.  This is a brand new resort that has concrete streets & sites.  Most of the sites are 80 to 100 feet long and very wide.  Hotel quality pool.  Nice bathrooms with laundry facilities.  WIFI worked great.  Lots of shopping and restaurants, including a mall, in the area.  I paid $615 for a month with electricity included.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

We are at the River Vista Mountain Village in Dillard, Ga. and a great park for big rigs.  There are 3 Newells and 1 Prevost here now.  There is a lot to do and the weather has been wonderful.  It has been in the upper 30s and 40s during the night and 70s and lower 80s during the day.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I have added the Sioux Falls KOA in South Dakota to my list on page one.  The campground is neat & clean and has added a new area that will easily accommodate 45 foot coaches.   It is not a resort, but does have a pool and clean laundry room.  Big rig sites were long enough for my coach and tow vehicle.  Roads and sites are gravel.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Just arrived in Heber City UT, Mountain Valley RV Resort. The they adult section in back with own pool and hot tub. Very large streets and long pull through double wide sites!

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

mike,

sounds nice. we are in cove fort, utah staying in our coach. if you come this way or want a nice day trip it is 160 miles from you south.

the same for any of the gurus. we are serving as facilities missionaries at historic cove fort, an 1867 restored fort and park like grounds just a mile off of I70 and I15. we are here until early october.

we would love to see any of you. just look for the big guy in bib overalls.....

tom and darlene

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I have added Sunnybrook RV Resort to my campground list on page one.  This is an ownership type resort with paved roads and sites.  All sites are either pull in(lakefront) or back ins.  Roads are a little narrow, but doable even in a 45 footer.  They have a ten year old rule, but had no problem with my twenty year old Newell.

https://www.sunnybrookrvresort.com/

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

A note to anyone traveling to / through NM: Our Gov issued order yesterday requiring all motels and RV parks to operate at no more than 25% capacity. Better make sure you call ahead to have a space for sure until this passes.

I have added Hearthside Grove RV Resort and Traverse Bay RV Resort to my campground list on page one. These are both ownership type resorts with paved roads and sites. All sites are either pull in(lakefront) or back ins. Both resorts have a ten year old rule, but had no problem with my twenty one year old Newell. For anyone wanting cooler weather in the summer, northern Michigan is a great place to consider!

https://www.hearthsidegrove.com/

https://traversebayrv.com/

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Hearthside Grove in Petosky is on our short list for a week long getaway. As you may know, they're now developing Hearthside Grove Lake Erie in Geneva on the Lake, Ohio (east of Cleveland) that we hope to visit in the next month, or so. In July, we stayed at Two Rivers Landing in Sevierville, TN (Knoxville vicinity) and scoped out Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg while there. It's a newer resort with 25 spacious, pull in lots on the river which are reserved for 40ft+ class A coaches. They also have 30 back in spaces which are a bit more narrow and allow Class A, B, C, and 5th wheels. All sites are concrete, level, and very nicely landscaped between one another. Given that this was my first parking job EVER in a campground, AND that I arrived at 10:10pm(!!!), AND that I managed to get into my space without incident, I would say that Two Rivers Landing DEFINITELY deserves a thumbs up on the 45ft friendly list! :-) No Newells while we were there, but three other Prevosts.

https://tworiversrvresort.com/

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou

Here are couple of parks in Louisiana:

Grand Encore RV Park, Natchitoches, LA

River View RV Park, Vidalia, LA

Both have plenty of room for 45’ coaches.

Michael and Mona Corrigan
2008 Newell #1248
2010 Mini Cooper S