You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Love the Fraternity...!

Greetings All...
A few weeks ago, I met four seasoned 'Road-Warriors' (Larry, David, Biil & Ron) all members of the NEWELL GURUS Fraternity at Newell headquarters in Miami, OK and discovered what an excellent web site and quality resource Newell Gurus has to offer fellow coach owners. What a timely find... And most importantly, what a great bunch of guys!!

Patti & I (Tom) live in Rancho Santa Fe, CA, enjoy a 2000 coach and in the process of closing on a beautiful lot at the Motor Coach Country Club (2 1/2 hrs away) in Indio, CA. Our stunning beauty was practically brand new when we purchased it a year ago. The Good News... The coach had been in storage for 10 years and with only 7800 miles!!! And naturally the BAD News... The coach had been in storage for 10 years and with only 7800 miles!! I've practically replaced nearly everything in the coach from front to back and accumulated way too many learning experiences, crazy travel tales and endless road stories to tell!! Bottom-line: We do love it and looking forward to year two!!

Tom,

If you have time, and care to share, I for one would be very interested in the items that you had to replace. I think the list could be very helpful for a person that might be contemplating a similar purchase. Most folks would look at the mileage and take that an a huge plus, when maybe some thought should be given to systems that had not been in service regularly. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Welcome Tom and Patti. I concur with Russ, a listing of the items requiring replacement/repair would be most interesting. I have long contended that a coach that is used regularly will typically need fewer repairs than one that is rarely used. When coach is regularly used the owner also becomes aware of issues that need to be addressed and can fix them before they add up to a significant number of items. At one time, I was upgrading to a newer RV every 3-4 years. I found I almost always ended up replacing the refrigerators and one or more air conditioners on each new-to-me RV.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Welcome Patti and Tom!!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Welcome Tom & Patti,
Lots of great, helpful folks here.....................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Welcome to the best group of travelers anyone would want to meet

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Hey Tom! You left me out, I had the RZR in the back of my truck. Welcome aboard.
Thanks,

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

hi tom,

welcome to the gang. is this a coach that was originally for sale in the sacramento area? does it have a video projector over the bed?

btw, i bought a 2002 that had alot more miles on it (nearly 200k) that the house systems had been neglected as it sat for a few years and i replaced and rebuilt quite a few things as well. i think the key to all of this is consistent usage and preventative maintainance.

glad you found us.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Hey tom, Watch out for that guy with "The Razor in his truck", not Forest. I have seen him do 40 ft jumps over Newells in South Dakota.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Steve,
How could I forget you... Great steak and beer on Route 66 in downtown Miami!
Loved sharing stories... We could write a book!!!
Tom