You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Exhaust tip

Does anyone out there know a source (other than Newell) for obtaining an exhaust tip for a 99 - 2005 (with detroit diesel)?
It is 6" round out of the muffler and flattens to an oval (rectangle with rounded ends) out the rear of the coach.
I am looking for a source new or used. (see photo)    

You might check with Otts truck and auto supply in Yuma Az.
Last year I was able to get a tip for my rig though is is not the same as yours. He may be able to get what you need.

Otts truck and auto supply 1203 S Pacific Ave Yuma, AZ 85365
(928) 783-0113

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

the oval one like that i suspect was custom made for newell. mine has been replaced with a 6" round one that points down. they are avail at any truck supply place. i think i paid under 20 bucks for mine but dont remember for sure.

i know on my 90, the rectangular exhaust tip was made by newell and they wanted a ton of money for a new one since it was hand fabricated.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom is certainly correct on the rectangular exhaust tip for the 8V92's during the early 90's. Newell hand made each one and the last time I checked they were closing in on $1,000 to build one. They require considerable effort to construct. Mine had been replaced with a round exhaust that makes about a 80 degree bend. Doesn't look nearly as good but I know that they looked at the cost of replacement and determined that the cheap one looked great!!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Facing a similar issue, I fabricated a tip from standard exhaust pipe and painted it with high temp
Flat black paint. Isn't pretty polished SS. But I have about 20
Dollars and some sweat in it

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Why can't one take a round tip and squeeze the end somehow with a clamp until it is oval? Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Thank you all for your input. I made one out of stainless by squashing one end into an oval. Looks great. Short money.
Ray 596

hey that is a good idea.

i like the downward pointing of the round tip so it doesnt throw as much soot on our car when we tow it

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I had to replace my old pipe with 2 pieces I welded together.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Ray,
Can you post a photo?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531