You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Firecoat product

Yes if lovebugs are left on too long they will eat your paint!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Bill, Our '92 has built in pressure washer from Newell. A GREAT option to be sure! Unit is mounted in compartment just forward of plumbing bay or street side. Has both hot & cold water feed. It is also plumbed to attach hose on either side of coach with plenty of hose to reach anywhere on coach.

Thats cool! Picture please! How does it work? Some sort of super high pressure electric pump?

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I have used the Firecoat and the bugs do come off easier after application. I've been using it since Spearfish, and love it.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

i bought a 90 dollar electric pressure washer at lowes after i used larrys at spearfish.

pretty handy.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Clarke,
Good to hear you have had good results. Hoping for the same.

I'm curious. Do you use just one product? Two? or all three?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

They all seem to do the same thing, so I just use whatever one is handy at the time. I can't tell the difference between them. I think Tom has recommended to them that they concentrate on one product and a better price point.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I am very glad to see you guys are getting good results using FireCoat! Anybody that has questions I will be on this thread as an info guy and not a salesman. It appears that some explanation between the three products is required.

White is a cleaner and a thicker finish. Which is why if applied before a long road trip about 90% of the bugs should wash off. I am based in Northwest Colorado and have not delt with Love Bugs so any info you guys have that could help with future improvement or instruction changes would be appreciated.

Pink doesn't clean as well as the white but it shines and penetrates deeper into the pores of the surface giving you more protection from contaminants getting into those pores (such as Mag Chloride).

The blue only needs applied every 3-6 months to maintain the shine and protection. It actually bonds to the polymers in the other products.

btw,

ralph is one of the owners of firecoat and so kindly donated the samples we had at the rally,

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Here are pressure washer pics.