You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Firecoat product

Tom, does Firecoat work on Diamond Shield the same as paint? My coach has Diamond Shield on front. Sorta wish it wasn't there, but still in good condition. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

that is really cool

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Pretty Nifty! Gotta love how all our coaches are slightly different and customized...

2003 Ford F250 SD
2001 Honda Civic
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster LT

Picked a poor day for my scientific bug test of the FireCoat products. Traveled in overcast, fog, mist & very light rain. Got to the campground with a less than normal collection of bugs who gave their life to the Newell nose. Biggest disappointment was didn't have the normal specimen of large yellow bugs.

On to the testing of FireCoat's ability to limit the work needed to remove the bugs. For years my preferred method of bug removal has been a wet terrycloth towel. I only used the wet towel & water--no additional Firecoat. It definitely was easier to remove the bugs I did harvest. I even left a couple of panels uncoated that were much harder to remove the bugs on.

Tomorrow I'm hoping for a better harvest & will retest in a similar manner.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Much better day for bug harvesting in the midwest. Bright sunshine & high 80s temperatures. Using only a wet terry cloth towel I tested the effectiveness of the FireCoat. It again made the bug removal much easier. In trying to quantify the ease of removal I would say I only use about 20% of the effort that I have to use on surfaces without the FireCoat.

Chappell--I tried some Firecoat on a vinyl surface & it did not give me the same results as the painted areas.

I coated the front with Wash & Wax All for a similar test tomorrow.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Yes FireCoat is safe to use on diamond plate. We have been using it on several fire trucks and they have a ton of diamond plate. You can use it almost anywhere from your tv and phone screen to your engine compartment.

Steve,

The Wash Wax All bug removal procedure is as follows:

Spray WWA on the bugs, top to bottom and allow to soak up the soap for 10 minutes.

Working a section at a time, re-spray the bugs or just spray the orange no-scratch bug pad and agitate the bugs. Then using one microfiber or soft cloth wipe the soap, dirt and bugs into the cloth. Immediately before the surface dries, use a second cloth to buff to a clean high shine. Continue section by section till all clean. Work smaller sections if warm temps speeds drying.

To slow drying in warm temps, use a damp cleaning cloth to wipe up the soap, dirt and bugs before the second dry cloth to buff to a high shine. This moisture helps keep surface damp and slightly cools a hot surface.

You are now clean, waxed and UV protected again.

This procedure can be seen on the WWA website under the "How to" section. Other cleaning procedures are shared there such as glass cleaning, hot surface cleaning, etc.

Sure works well for myself. I use the Mop Kit with Bug Buster Head to get the areas I can not reach from the ground with out having to have a ladder. See website for pictures of the patented mop system. The Air Force One squadron has 30 mop kits but they use several man-lifts to get to the top of the wings, fuselage and tail surfaces.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Ralph,
I think you misunderstood what Chappell was asking. He was asking about Diamond Shield, not diamond plate. Diamond Shield is a thin vinyl covering that used to be put on many motorhomes. His question was whether FireCoat would give the same benefits to the Diamond Shield as to a painted surface?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Would the diamond shield be comparable to the vinyl tanau covers for a truck bed? If so yes FireCoat still works as a protectant from road debris and offers some UV protection. The white product would be the best choice since it has larger polymers that can fill the porous material better. When re cleaning I would recommend continuing with the white.

Care.

http://www.diamond-shield.com/index.cfm?...uct%20Care

The end!!

Jimmy