You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Norcold has lost its mojo

Up until this weekend our Norcold AC/DC cooler worked great. I would actually have to be careful about setting the temp too close to freezing as it would freeze things I was just trying to cool quickly. Now this weekend it got cool very slow. Had it on freezer mode the whole time and it only partially froze somethings.

So anyone ever have similar issues and what could I do?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

junk it- get a residential

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

This is the freezer cooler outside on the rollout. We talking about the samething or are you thinking the fridge inside the coach.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I think Todd is talking about the Norcold pull out refer in his outside bay. It runs off of either AC, or DC. I usually set mine at the lower end of the spectrum....yours sat for a long, long time without use, and that is not good for referigerators.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

oops- forgot about that one in the bay

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

You may need to clean the condenser. Not sure but with poor maintenance this could easily be overlooked.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch