You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Curb-side dump?

I seem to recall an incident where two unnamed fellas traded coaches for a short drive on the interstate. A nice bit of comparison data on how another coach might handle. Seems that one of them noticed the merge switch was left on, so he turned it off. Well, you know no two Newells are alike. It wasn't the merge switch, it was the air dump switch. Seems there was a wee bit of dodgy driving happening behind the coach in question.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Subaru Outback Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I've heard that story also....good thing that person had no car in-tow.....

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

Was it at night Matt?

Sure it was night somewhere....but not there! It was around noon, in central florida, 3 lane interstate...Angel

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

ROFLMAO!!! Always better to do at night no traffic!!

Fran said "at least no one told you that you were losing oil!"

When we first bought our Newell I was heading to a race and had one of those drivers behind me that can't maintain a constant speed (I'm sure you know the type!) and after the 3rd or 4th time I had to slow down because he pulled in front of me and then I would re-pass him, I thought I might just give him a short blast of windshield washer fluid from my curbside you-know-what. He came around me with windshield wipers on and indicating, with one of his fingers that I was #1. I got a pretty good laugh out of it until I got to my next stop and noticed I had forgotten for the moment that I had the trailer on the back and that the trailer needed a pretty good scrubbing as soon as possible. Never pulled that stunt again!

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

OK, the curbside dump does work with the ignition on. Guess it's set up that way so you can make a quick get-away Smile

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

curbside is lined up just right to cover everything in the rear unless under 10mph. I like truck stop on ramps.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

So to continue this, which product will protect your toad best from turds?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337