You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Passing of a Neweller

Maybe we should have a section for those Newellers that have passed on to Glory. A few days ago I was notified by Sonja Kure that her husband Bill had passed away. He fought for many years with cancer. They had a 1987 Newell. One that actually used to belong to Karl Blade. They have passed the coach along to a family member.

A couple years ago when Bill and Sonja was visiting at Senator Wash Bill developed a problem with the engine running rough. Well we solicited help from this web site and had much feed back. It was a trying time chasing down everything that seemed to be the obvious.End result was a blown fuse which shut down the co-pilot side of the engine. That was my fun time with Bill. Bill also made leather belts which I needed one so he gave me one he made which I wear daily. What a way to remember a friend! Every time put on my jeans and latch my belt I feel the design embossed on it and think of my friend Bill.
I miss my friend Bill!

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Nice tribute Brad and a very good idea, I hope Tom picks up on the suggestion.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

Brad it is very kind of you to write up your thoughts. Give our best to Sonja.

Tom and Darlene

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Always hate to hear of the death of an acquaintance. Our best regards for Sonja and the family as they deal with the loss.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thanks guys, I'll pass your regards on to Sonja
Brad

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Dear Friends,
Thank you Brad for putting this notice on here. Also thank you for the other kind comments.
Our Newell was Bill's pride and joy and all Newell owners know that feeling. I am so thankful we were able to go south from Calgary every winter for the past few years, after selling our home and moving into the Newell full time. It was such a wonderful lifestyle and Bill loved it so much. We met so many great people and Bill was so proud to be part of the Newell Family!
Our daughter is taking our beautiful coach to her place in British Columbia. Not sure yet where I will end up. We have told her all about the wonderful Newell Family and the helpfulness of the other owners and I am sure you will see her name (Bonnie Kure) on the site in the future.
Sincerely,
Sonja

#146 - 87 40' Tag 8V92TA DDEC
towing Toyota RAV4