You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aqua Hot antifreeze leaks

I'm stopping at Newell on October 14th to get the slide repaired, then a couple days to get to Steve's. So probably Oct. 23rd or so. I hope to get the price on the LION batteries this week and get them ordered.
Cindy could probably cook a gumbo for us, might even be able to get some fresh shrimp.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Might work, but we may run through earlier like last week of Sept. depending on changes in plans, but will keep you posted.

Hey Steve, Do you think if we (you) solder up all the accessible joints that it would stop most of all the leaks ? Sometimes what you don't see won't hurt you .....

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

If there is any corrosion on a joint the best thing would be to heat it, separate the joint, clean it, then flux it and solder it back again. I don't think just adding solder would stop the seeping.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Some plumbers are using nitrogen to braze with as it is much cleaner inside the pipe when finished, but I'm eliminating at least the three manifolds:the output, the return, and the engine circulation , which is the pump down at the bottom in the photo, even tho it hasn't leaked yet. The manifold that supplies the pumps to the three zones has been my problem area. I'm only going to need a threaded fitting on the faucet end, two T's with barbs, and an elbow with a barb at the far end to connect to the bottom of the three pumps to make up the manifold.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

steve. just a crazy thought. why couldnt you use pex with sharkbite fittings. they use a type of pex in hydronic heating under floors.

it is easy to work with and the sharkbite fittings are amazing and reusable. you can even use copper with the shark bites.

just a thought. that is what i did the replumbing of my water bay with when i put a different pump and valve in.

you should at least check into it. be much easier than all the things you are talking about. be more expensive for the fittings, but no clamps.

you can put copper on one end of the fitting and pex on the other. if you dont like it, you just use the little removal tool and take it apart.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

here is what i did.

they hold high pressure and high temps. you need to check what the highest temp is but i would guess way above what you are doing

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

http://www.sharkbiteplumbing.com/faq

200 psi and 180 degrees rating

Tom:
My Aquahot gets to about 207 deg., do you think this will hold up with a 180 deg. rating?

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

The AH unit on mine (also a 431-12) uses pex with crimp fittings for the zones. No leaks yet. I would highly recommend the pex. I've done 2 garages and a pump house now with pex and it works very well. There is a definite learning curve, but it works flawlessly otherwise.

As I've also replaced my unit due to freeze damage, I would say the pex is very forgiving. I have not had to repair any union yet.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

steve, i guess i should have realized the temps it gets too. that is above the specs so probably not.

oh well.

i do like the pex though. maybe would be easier and better than hoses? pex seems to be spec'd at around 200.

tom