You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
365 front tire wheel change - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suspension/Tires/Wheels (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: 365 front tire wheel change (/showthread.php?tid=2517)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: 365 front tire wheel change - pairodice - 10-14-2015

Wheels and Tires all showed up today!  Checked my studs and sure enough they are the 1" studs so I ordered a full set from Prevo tonight - they will be here Monday so I will go ahead and have these wheels/tires put together and then mount them (hopefully) on Monday or Tuesday.  If these are not the correct lugs (and Russ is right) then I will be overnighting the others from Prevo next week (and paying 15% restocking fee)...  fingers crossed...

RE: 365 front tire wheel change - pairodice - 10-15-2015

I asked Prevost for a picture from their catalog of the lugs and they sent the following picture:
So unless their drawings are incorrect the only difference between the lug numbers is Metric vs SAE... 
Number 13 is part number 611208.
Number 15 is part number 611207.

RE: 365 front tire wheel change - pairodice - 10-22-2015

The lugs from Prevost fit! Tomorrow we will have new wheels and 365 tires! These tires look huge... I hope I can still turn the wheel...

RE: 365 front tire wheel change - Chester Stone - 10-22-2015

I only carry 110 psi which makes for a better ride, but turning the wheel is not a problem.

RE: 365 front tire wheel change - rheavn - 10-24-2015

Adrian,
I asked you to post the numbers you used due to your statement in another posting.

"I called Prevost service and they gave me part numbers for the studs (7/8") and nuts:
PREVOST PARTS: 1-800-621-5519  
    Part Number: Steer Axle  
    Stud: 7/8” 610994 for right-hand threaded… $32.84 ea; 611208 is new part number (may not fit)
    Nut: 7/8 610773   $ 7.85"

The part number 610994 was different than what I had.  Since the stud number was different I thought maybe the nut number wasn't what I gave you.  I had the 611208 as the right stud.  Sorry I was just a little confused as to what part numbers you actually used.  You did give Prevost's phone number so I'll just call.

RE: 365 front tire wheel change - pairodice - 10-24-2015

I guess I should have gotten an invoice from Prevost. They did everything over the phone. I will tell you this: the only difference between the numbers is one is for metric and the other standard (SAE) sizes. I chose the SAE. 611208 and 610773 is what I ordered as I recall ... It was a crazy, crazy week at work and I barely got this done so there is an invoice somewhere but not sure where...

RE: 365 front tire wheel change - pairodice - 11-17-2015

After a few trips the front tires are performing very well and we are way below our weight limit on the front.
I will have each wheel weighed when we get back to TX and then adjust all the air pressures accordingly. The TPMS system is working fine but I need to get some metal valve stems for the Jeep tires and put the sensors on it.

RE: 365 front tire wheel change - Land Yacht - 12-01-2016

I am considering this upgrade and beginning to plan. Creslie gave me a $4900 price, and did not mention new lugs were needed or not. I think I can beat Newell's price by a lot by using the Michelin Advantage program and sourcing the wheels in this thread at around $500 each. That only leaves the question, do I need new lugs... below are pictures of my existing front wheel lugs. I measured and believe they are 1 1/8". Can anyone confirm by the pictures?

What would be a budgetary charge for mounting, balancing, etc?

Thanks Mike

RE: 365 front tire wheel change - Richard - 12-02-2016

Yep, you have the larger studs, new ones are required.

The charges for mounting balancing and tire disposal or tire credit could vary a great deal from place to place. I would call the dealer who you will source the tires from to get an accurate number.

RE: 365 front tire wheel change - rooster - 12-02-2016

I did this on my 06 Wanderlodge. Had to change studs due to extra thickness of wheels. Prevost Car stocked the Alcoa 803601 wheels. Studs are Euclid 9837. Need 20 pieces. I chilled the studs to install them. The old ones just drive out. Not a big job at all. Got tires through Advantage program. Wheels were around $550 each. I think the 01 on the Alcoas denoted the Duraplate coating.