You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Inverter - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Electrical (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Inverter (/showthread.php?tid=3436)

Pages: 1 2 3

Inverter - NeBob - 04-10-2017

Good morning
Last fall we purchased 443 and have been tinkering with it thru the winter. Last weekend was our first overnight. We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend. However I noticed when we disconnected from shore power the refrigerator would not stay on using the inverter. I did push the invert button on the interface but with no results. is there a way to test the inverter? Or is the refrigerator suppose to run off the inverter?  I believe it is a Xantrex inverter with a Hart interface.  I am really a newby when it comes to inverters. Any advice would be appreciated. Seems like all the other issues were addressed with a search thru the forums
Thanks

RE: Inverter - encantotom - 04-10-2017

yes, the fridge should be powered with the inverter.

also your TV's. do they work?

tom

RE: Inverter - folivier - 04-10-2017

Inside the basement compartment where the inverter is there should be a small grey electrical box. Make sure that breaker is on and hasn't tripped.

RE: Inverter - RussWhite - 04-10-2017

Bob and Gerri,

My Mom was named Gerry!

Anyway, for this post let's assume your '97 and my '99 are the same with regards to inverters.

I have a Heart Freedom 25 Inverter and a Heart Interface Link 2000

As others have told you, yes, the inverter should carry your refrigerator, as well as a number of other items - including these that I can think of - upfront electronics/entertainment, auxiliary air compressor, awning, microwave, fan over the bed, various outlets, lights in master bath.

You must press the INVERT button on the interface for the inverter to operate in the absence of 120VAC for either the generator or the post. After pressing this button you should get a green led showing you have requested inverter operation when conditions are right.

It won't be the breaker in the little box near the inverter or your refrigerator would never have power. Your house batteries must be on and in good condition and charged for inverter operation.
If nothing seems to explain what is going on, try a reset. Unplug the phone type cable that runs between the inverter and the interface and shut down the house batteries with the merge switch off. They power it all back up and cross you fingers :-)
Russ

RE: Inverter - InfiLights - 04-10-2017

There is another thing to check. Some coaches had the Inverter circuits subpanel outfitted with a 30 amp male end plug and would allow that plug to be connected into a female outlet labeled Inverter or another one above labeled Shore power.

You find them both , one on top of each other right above the vacuum cleaner canister in the narrow pass-through compartment drive side. If you want to use the inverter to run the fridge and other electronics as you drive down the road, make sure the subpanel plug is hooked into the Inverter socket and not in the Shore Power.

Newell did that to allow a bypass in case the Inverter has issues and the Auto AC switch inside the Inverter/Charger does not pass through the AC ( bad AC board) . When that plug is connected in the Shore Power socket, those circuits ( fridge, TVs etc) get power from shore power or Generator but not from Inverter.

If that plug is connected into the Inverter socket, and when you press the Invert button on the Link 2000, you still do not get power to the fridge and TVs inside, then you have an issue at the Inverter.

RE: Inverter - NeBob - 04-18-2017

Thanks for all the replys on this issue. I have tried all your responses and to no avail. Still no 110 v thru the inverter. Is there a way to check the output on the inverter? It appears the charging portion of the inverter is working.
Thanks

RE: Inverter - RussWhite - 04-19-2017

Is the green led by the INVERT button on the Link2000 on? Could you post a picture of the Link2000?

RE: Inverter - NeBob - 04-19-2017

[attachment=4530 Wrote:RussWhite pid='30721' dateline='1492638519']Is the green led by the INVERT button on the Link2000 on?  Could you post a picture of the Link2000?

Attached is photo of 2000. Thanks for your help Russ

RE: Inverter - RussWhite - 04-19-2017

Bob - That looks exactly as it should. In other words, you have asked the inverter to produce AC power when there is no AC supplied to it. Looking at your image I cannot tell for sure if the AC IN light is illuminated or not. When it is on, the inverter will not produce AC.

So, be sure it is off and then check for voltage from your inverter. You should see a romex cable leaving the inverter and going to a small distribution panel with about 4 breakers. If you inverter is not working and all those breakers are on, then all that stuff will not work. It is easy to check the microwave or your TV or the light inside your refrigerator. If they are all off then we can assume the inverter is not working. At that point my next check would be the DC voltage to the inverter. There is a high capacity fuse located near the DC input to the inverter. Can you verify good DC voltage to ground on both sides of that fuse?

RE: Inverter - NeBob - 04-19-2017

(04-19-2017, 03:29 PM)RussWhite Wrote:  Bob -  That looks exactly as it should.   In other words, you have asked the inverter to produce AC power when there is no AC supplied to it.  Looking at your image I cannot tell for sure if the AC IN light is illuminated or not.  When it is on, the inverter will not produce AC.

So, be sure it is off and then check for voltage from your inverter.  You should see a romex cable leaving the inverter and going to a small distribution panel with about 4 breakers.  If you inverter is not working and all those breakers are on, then all that stuff will not work.   It is easy to check the microwave or your TV or the light inside your refrigerator.  If they are all off then we can assume the inverter is not working.   At that point my next check would be the DC voltage to the inverter.   There is a high capacity fuse located near the DC input to the inverter.  Can you verify good DC voltage to ground on both sides of that fuse?
I have yet to find the breakers on the Romex leaving the inverter. I will check the voltage from the batteries next. Is there a possibility there could be breakers in the transfer box in the rear of the coach?