You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
All Aboard America Bus Shop in Mesa, AZ - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Coach related Services (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Forum: Coach Related Service, Repair or Maintainence (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: All Aboard America Bus Shop in Mesa, AZ (/showthread.php?tid=46)

Pages: 1 2

All Aboard America Bus Shop in Mesa, AZ - encantotom - 07-30-2012

I was not asked to do this but i need to make sure all of you know about All Aboard America and Leo the Service Manager in Mesa, AZ.

This is a large charter bus company that has a large repair facility in Mesa, AZ. they run a large fleet of Prevost's and work on high end Coaches. they are outstanding and Leo the service manager is the most customer oriented person you will ever meet. i have taken quite a number of my newell friends there and i believe all have been impressed.

they are very fair and allow you to be right there and even help with the work if you want.

they have a bus lift, full paint booth, and a wealth of knowledge on the 2 stroke detroits (xv92's) and series 60's and newer ones.

it is not uncommon to see celebrity tour buses there or race coaches from the big racing circuits.

Leo has become a friend of mine and i have used him for both my 1990 and my 2002 coaches.

i highly recommend this shop.

All Aboard America
Leo is the service manager, ask for him and tell him Tom sent you

230 South Country Club Drive Mesa, AZ 85210
(480) 222-6940

http://www.allaboardamerica.com/web/Maintenance.aspx

RE: All Aboard America Bus Shop in Mesa, AZ - whatsnewell - 07-31-2012

When we were visiting Tom and Darlene back in February of this year we had a number of problems Tom and I were working on. One of my biggest problems was my rear air suspension....all of the rear 6 Mac air valves were 30 years old, and leaking. Tom and Steve (Ward) helped me locate a source for the Mac valves, and then Tom and I sat on his garage floor re-plumbing the six new valves, then re-installing them in the coach. What we didn't know at the time was the pressure regulator had gone bad. When we tried to leave Tom and Darlene's home the first time the pressure climbed to over 150psi, so we limped back to Tom's home. I called Tom and he had me call Leo at All Aboard America, who quickly diagnosed my problem, and sold me a replacement pressure regulator for $27. Leo took me on a short tour around the shop. He is a great guy, and literally dropped what he was doing to help out a friend of Tom's.

RE: All Aboard America Bus Shop in Mesa, AZ - Chester Stone - 07-31-2012

Thanks Tom, I was looking for this information.

RE: All Aboard America Bus Shop in Mesa, AZ - folivier - 07-31-2012

Another great review for Leo, he steamcleaned my radiator and engine, lubed bearings & greased. And found and repaired a really messy oil leak on my 8v92.
And allowed me to roam around under my coach while it was up in the air. I took a bunch of pictures for future reference.

RE: All Aboard America Bus Shop in Mesa, AZ - Fulltiming - 07-31-2012

Leo has done so many great things on my coach it is hard to list. When changing the coolant, he found a coolant leak around one of the exhaust manifold studs, fixed it and it is good as new. Had an oil leak at the oil line coming into the top of the turbo. Leo climbed up inside the engine compartment, wedged himself into a place that there is no way I could have gotten, and got it tightened down. He found a couple of pinhole leaks in one of my brake air tanks (see my photo gallery). He took the tank out and ground down and welded the leaks. Remounted it and found another one that he welded with the tank in place. The list goes on. First class service.

RE: All Aboard America Bus Shop in Mesa, AZ - larryweikartsr - 07-31-2012

Absolutely at the top of Service centers for our type rigs. I wish All Aboard America and Leo could be located everywhere I travel! He is definitley a people person

RE: All Aboard America Bus Shop in Mesa, AZ - BusNit - 08-08-2022

This is an old thread so it was time to update it! I stopped by AAA today to talk to Leo and see what their time frame was on doing work/if they were still doing work on customer coaches. Leo was an absolute amazing person. We talked as if we were friends. He showed me around the shop even though I didn't expect an offering. What a great guy. We talked buses, MCI's Prevost' Eagles Newells and GM's. I could just work there voluntarily if I had the money to be self supportive! Anyway, his schedule is open if you guys need servicing. I plan to bring my coach there in a couple of weeks as I am waiting on the front seats to arrive. I was given a 10k quote to replace the fuel lines by another local shop which I declined for the time being. I thought Leo was full of work at the time but that is not the case. I'll have them have a crack at it amongst other things.

This is a shop scene pic from today. They do have a paint booth but his painter was not around. I did inquire about having my coach painted but he seemed to think I could get it done cheaper elsewhere. Maybe when they see the coach after I bring it in, I may get a quote.

RE: All Aboard America Bus Shop in Mesa, AZ - encantotom - 08-08-2022

Leo is amazing and has become a great friend.

the shop is first class and he is as well.

it is not a shop to fix your slides or aquahot, but s far as drive train and suspension etc, there is no place better.

tom

RE: All Aboard America Bus Shop in Mesa, AZ - Fulltiming - 08-08-2022

Agree with Tom. Leo is a wonderful person who goes out of his way to get or keep your coach running well. I have an enormous respect for Leo.

RE: All Aboard America Bus Shop in Mesa, AZ - Guy - 08-09-2022

While visiting Tom, we took our Newell to Leo. He is a coach expert on engine, trans, steering suspension etc. He also still remembers how to work on Detroit 2 cycle engines like our 8V92. We had some concerns, and he did a mechanical inspection  putting the coach up on the lift for a good look over. Basically he told us it looked good, there were some things to be taken care of, but not urgent. We will have him order the needed parts in advance of our passing thru his area in the future. We found his labor charges to be very reasonable.