You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
AiPhone TD series Intercoms?? - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Interior Things (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: AiPhone TD series Intercoms?? (/showthread.php?tid=6159)

Pages: 1 2

AiPhone TD series Intercoms?? - Wanderman - 07-04-2021

Hi there!
  I have, in my 1996 a master unit for the intercom in a back closet. It has a small plastic door over one side. And I have located the jacks for the handset units.

Can anyone tell me WHICH Aiphone TD units I need to put the system back in working order. TD-?? 3 channel, 6 Channel a combination?

Help!

Thanks!

RE: AiPhone TD series Intercoms?? - encantotom - 07-04-2021

on my 90 i spent alot of time and some money getting it all to work. other than using it for a doorbell, never used it.

tom

RE: AiPhone TD series Intercoms?? - Wanderman - 07-04-2021

Tom,
That's cool. Would you have the Model #'s of the handsets? is it the 6 channel or the 3 channel system? Also, is there another box hat plugs between the handset unit and the wall? The manuals are unclear whether that is necessary.

Thanks!

been way too long ago. all i remember is i found them on ebay..

tom

I'm attempting to do the same thing, but since I don't any handsets at all, I was trying to figure out which ones were installed originally. I BELIEVE it may be the TD-H 3 channel, which would be 3 units plus a channel for the door intercom. But It may be the 6 Channel version so we had a couple of extras.

Maybe Newell will know. Or, if someone has them installed they could look.

RE: AiPhone TD series Intercoms?? - Fulltiming - 07-04-2021

Mine is a 6 channel even though the only units that were ever used were the outside unit, one by the driver, one by the toilet and one by the bed. The 3 channel would only support 2 inside units plus the outside unit.

RE: AiPhone TD series Intercoms?? - Richard - 07-04-2021

6 but only three used. Used it exactly zero times in 13 years and two coaches except for doorbell

rick, i guess we are questioning why you want it to work. not that any of us have not fixed stuff just because.....but i dont think this would be very high on my list. and a doorbell is quite un necessary in a coach where a simple tap on the door resonates everywhere.

tom

Tom,
Since I have no handsets at all, I don't even have a doorbell. If I am going to order a handset to get the doorbell tone, I may as well buy all the ones that were installed originally. Looks like one in the bedroom, one in the 1/2 bath and one by the driver (in the overhead right compartment) I may add one in the rear bath, since... why not.

So I need 3 (maybe 4) 6 channel TD-H handset units? Di they all require the terminal unit..probably not.

Thanks,

RE: AiPhone TD series Intercoms?? - pestes - 08-06-2021

I think the only time my doorbell ring is when I accidentally lean against it while cleaning the coach or fumbling to unlock the door.

And that is followed by a bunch of fumbling to remember which button to press on the intercom to get the darn thing to stop ringing.