You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Coach 1495 - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: General and or Other Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Discussion about what to consider on buying a used Newell (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=80)
+--- Thread: Coach 1495 (/showthread.php?tid=6391)

Coach 1495 - Foxberry - 10-18-2021

We really like this coach and would love any info you might have on it.
We are newbies to Newell and don't know what we don't know.

RE: Coach 1495 - Richard - 10-18-2021

Fox,

Take the time to read the entire section on “What to Consider……”. Yes, it is lengthy, but you are contemplating a significant capital expenditure.

Then tell us about yourself. Previous motorhome experience, mechanical experience, electrical experience, planned useage, and willingness to learn the systems and how to troubleshoot them. We will give better answers to your follow up questions if we have the background context.

RE: Coach 1495 - rheavn - 10-18-2021

If the coach has the Cummins 650 hp engine, take the time to google problems with that engine.

RE: Coach 1495 - Foxberry - 11-03-2021

Thank you for the help.
Yes, I have read the post about buying a used Newell.
We are currently in a 2017 Entegra Anthem, previous coach was 2013 Anthem and before that 2008 Tiffin AB.
Husband is retired Airline pilot and retired Air Force pilot so he wants to know every system, especially air since we are not familiar with that.

We spend 5 months a year in Jupiter, several months traveling in summer and have a farm with coach barn in TN.
The Motorcoach Store will not allow a private inspector so we are trying to gain coach info.
We have spoken to Newell and asked for service info and they were helpful.
Coach 1495 has now been sitting for two years with very little use which concerns us.
Maintenance costs seem to run a wide scale, we don't want to get in to a huge repair situation right out of the box.

RE: Coach 1495 - pairodice - 11-03-2021

For maintenance costs figure at least $10k upfront for new tires/batteries. For ongoing maintenance we have always used the $1/mile (maybe more with inflation!) and it has worked out pretty nicely. Check the date codes on tires and batteries (not how they look on the outside) - over about 7 years , replace them. Which engine/tranny does it have? Unless something tragic happened the Newell coaches are solid and dependable but with any coach there will always be issues to resolve.

RE: Coach 1495 - Dhead - 11-04-2021

I bought my coach from there and felt they did a very thorough inspection. They and I both found repair issues. I recently took my coach for the final repairs and they corrected several issues I had found over the last month. They corrected all of them. We also had the WiFi Ranger package installed, a larger smart tv in the bedroom and added the Pressure Pro Pulse model. They did great work - one issue will require me to go back, and I was assured they would correct it.
Their techs know their coaches, especially Newells.