You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
New Flooring for 300 - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Documentation (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Interior Things (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: New Flooring for 300 (/showthread.php?tid=6422)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: New Flooring for 300 - HoosierDaddy - 11-02-2021

Excellent job, Tony. I’m really enjoying watching your progress on your Newell since mine is so close in age. You are doing many projects that I have done or have on my to-do list!

RE: New Flooring for 300 - TJ Clark - 11-02-2021

I can have my coach to you next month. I'd like a nice medium blond wood.

RE: New Flooring for 300 - Floridian - 11-02-2021

That is a beautiful job!

RE: New Flooring for 300 - Tony Van Helden - 11-02-2021

Very well thought out and done!!

RE: New Flooring for 300 - Tfrazier - 11-02-2021

Thanks again for all the nice comments. Makes it all worth while.

RE: New Flooring for 300 - MrE - 11-02-2021

Tony, beautiful job! You're an inspiration to all of us that plan on redoing our flooring. You need to add photos to your gallery!

RE: New Flooring for 300 - pairodice - 11-03-2021

Really great job on the flooring! We installed LVP in our Foretravel many moons ago and it came out nice even though I had no clue what I was doing. The detail work is what takes all the time to figure out. I am laying flooring in our home and although much easier cuts the sheer volume of the floor and amount of time on my knees makes it tedious work. You have my admiration for a job well done!

RE: New Flooring for 300 - Tfrazier - 11-03-2021

Adrian, My knees are just now starting to feel normal. I'm a huge fan of quality knee pads, but even with the best I could buy, my knees were pretty sore and tender. Also, and this has never happened to me before, I got a cramp ( Charlie horse thing) in my inner thigh muscle. I think it was from the continuous kneeling and standing and kneeling, etc., etc. It was to worst cramp ever. Way worse than the typical calf cramp. It had me bent over at the waist for 15 minutes. Every time I tried to up straighten up, my inner thigh muscle would spasm and send me right back down. Never ever want that to happen again. Take your time and be careful. I bet it is going to look great.

RE: New Flooring for 300 - Mageeacres - 11-04-2021

Awesome install!! Makes me want to replace my 42 year old carpet… but I really like the carpet feel on my feet. I’m thinking about a heated floor and LVP combination. Any thoughts? Anyway thanks for the encouragement to consider the floor replacement for all us diy owners. Again awesome job!!

RE: New Flooring for 300 - Tfrazier - 11-04-2021

Hi Mike,
thanks for the feedback. Really never considered a heated floor. Way above my paygrade, on so many levels.
Besides, we live in SC with pretty mild temps. Also not sure how the LVP would work with heated floors.