You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Trying to plan a “vintage” Rally 1997 or older - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Fun Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Get Togethers (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Trying to plan a “vintage” Rally 1997 or older (/showthread.php?tid=6592)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Trying to plan a “vintage” Rally 1997 or older - Glenn and Laureen - 02-01-2022

I think Laureen and I would probably make that a destination this summer in our 1984 Newell. Just got our dump valves and fresh water systems working properly again so we will be good to go when the weather warms up.

RE: Trying to plan a “vintage” Rally 1997 or older - rheavn - 02-02-2022

My first hand experience is if you want to have a rally----have it.  YOU pick a location and date.  Give Newell owners a reason to come!  If you wait for confirmations from folks you will never have a rally.  My first rally drew one Newell and one sob.  My fifth rally drew 25 Newells.  I invited all Newells of ANY year and we only drew ONE classic coach over 5 rallys.

Good luck in your endeavor............................................

RE: Trying to plan a “vintage” Rally 1997 or older - folivier - 02-02-2022

My opinion is to set a date and a location but don't start changing it based on a few owners comments. Those who can make it will, those who can't won't. You can't accommodate everyone. Good luck in your planning and I truly hope it works out.

RE: Trying to plan a “vintage” Rally 1997 or older - pairodice - 02-02-2022

My engine and coach were made in 1997 but my coach is a 1998 - would mine still count :-).

RE: Trying to plan a “vintage” Rally 1997 or older - encantotom - 02-02-2022

any rally associated with newell gurus will always be for all years of newells and any other coach brands that want to come. of the newellguru rallys i have had we welcome and have had prevos, foretravels and others.

so though i understand the intent, i would hope that any rally that you do would invite and include any vintage and kind of coach.

that would be my counsel.

tom

RE: Trying to plan a “vintage” Rally 1997 or older - BusNit - 02-02-2022

Tom, can I bring my 2022 Prevost? At least I can dream, can't I?!! My Father In law came on the bus today and was criticizing a couple of minor flaws such as one of the tiles wasn't sitting flush with an adjacent one. (1/16 or 1/32 difference) He pointed out one of the planks which is under the soon to be installed couch wasn't cut close to the wall. I told him it's a 30 year old vehicle and I do not expect perfection. I would have spent 2.8 million on a new one if I were that anal. He then remained quiet looked around some more and went back in the house! (He lives with us as he's 83)

RE: Trying to plan a “vintage” Rally 1997 or older - whatsnewell - 02-02-2022

Good counsel Tom.

RE: Trying to plan a “vintage” Rally 1997 or older - Guy - 02-03-2022

If Amana Iowa ends up being the destination, Sue and I will be there... we are workamping there for the season, April 1 thru October 31st. Smile

RE: Trying to plan a “vintage” Rally 1997 or older - pairodice - 02-05-2022

I vote for Huntsville, AL although there are NO class A RV parks around here - it amazes me that no one has built one! If only I had the $$$…

RE: Trying to plan a “vintage” Rally 1997 or older - Mageeacres - 02-05-2022

We would definitely be interested