You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
rear air bag valve leaking with engine, Valid off - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suspension/Tires/Wheels (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: rear air bag valve leaking with engine, Valid off (/showthread.php?tid=6690)

Pages: 1 2

rear air bag valve leaking with engine, Valid off - [email protected] - 03-27-2022

With the coach leveled, engine and Valid off I have a noticeable air leak. After re-leveling auto, manual, engine on, engine off still leaks.
I took of the ride height rod, pushed it up 1/2" and leak stopped.
Is this a bad valve or wrong ride height?

A little more info;
Valid air leveling system
no air leak when in travel mode
I am on slight grade (2-3 %) front higher so the back is higher once leveled.
I leveled then lowered the coach.
Front is down a lot, back is a little.

RE: rear air bag valve leaking with engine, Valid off - Fulltiming - 03-27-2022

Sounds like a bad valve. I have had a couple of ride height valve split and leak like crazy.

RE: rear air bag valve leaking with engine, Valid off - rheavn - 03-28-2022

"With the coach leveled, engine and Valid off I have a noticeable air leak."

Where was the air leaking from?

RE: rear air bag valve leaking with engine, Valid off - [email protected] - 05-08-2022

Ok, more on air leak.
The first time I noticed the air leak it was after auto leveling. It was the passenger side drive axle (PSDA).
If I lowered the coach after leveling the leak was less.
I was at a site for 4 months, so I pulled the air bag ride height level rod off the axle and moved it up till the air stopped, about 2". Then I taped it to the shock and left it till I left.
Now I am at a new location and the DSDA is leaking. So, I believe that I have a problem with the Valid leveling system.?

RE: rear air bag valve leaking with engine, Valid off - Richard - 05-09-2022

More diagnostics are needed.

Can you be more specific about where the leak is located? Is it coming from an air bag, the ride height valve, or somewhere else?

Does the coach height remain the same, or does it lower over night?

RE: rear air bag valve leaking with engine, Valid off - [email protected] - 05-09-2022

it is leaking from the ride height control valve(s)
coach remains at same level
leaks until i moved the rod that controls the ride height.
no more leak and stays at same level.

RE: rear air bag valve leaking with engine, Valid off - Richard - 05-10-2022

Ok, the ride height control valves should be replaced.

I should have asked one more question, does the leak ever stop? Or is it just after you level and then it quits?

The data that the coach stays up tells us the valves that isolate the RHV from the air bags are holding and working as they should. So…..no apparent Valid problem. However those valves receive constant air pressure from the house air supply, and if they are leaking then the compressor will run often.

RE: rear air bag valve leaking with engine, Valid off - encantotom - 05-10-2022

nice thing is they are at the outside fender well so they are very easy to remove and replace on the rear.

i did one on another 07 that was there.

tom

RE: rear air bag valve leaking with engine, Valid off - [email protected] - 05-10-2022

Once level it stays level. The air is still leaking long after turning off the Valid leveler. Odd thing is I first noticed it leaking on the passenger's side.
Now it is leaking from the driver's side. Passenger side is no longer leaking.
So, I pulled the air bag ride height level rod off the axle and moved it up till the air stopped, about 2". Then I taped it to the shock, no more leak.
There is no leak when stopped at fuel station or parked in travel mode.
I looked at replacing the valve, but I think I will have to pull the wheel to get to it.

RE: rear air bag valve leaking with engine, Valid off - Georgeb - 05-10-2022

Could it be the 6 pack leveling coach? Does the leak dump coach 
Air? What happens if you attach the rod back to valve?