You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Cellular shade broke - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Interior Things (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Cellular shade broke (/showthread.php?tid=886)

Pages: 1 2

Cellular shade broke - folivier - 07-07-2013

I have Vista cellular lift-up shades in my coach and on one of them the string broke. Does anyone know if this can be repaired and how to repair it?

RE: Cellular shade broke - encantotom - 07-07-2013

darlene has fixed several shades before. we will have her look at it

tom

RE: Cellular shade broke - Express1 - 07-07-2013

We did learn to fix the auto-type (power) very easy with #6 screw...

RE: Cellular shade broke - qcj - 07-07-2013

Forest,

I had one break in Spearfish, so I went to the hardware store and bought a small Jorgensen pony spring loaded clamp, I think it was #3201. Anyway the smallest one and clip it on the center of the window at any level. Works so well I might not repair mine. Even kept the shade up on the rough roads in Okla. It is a fix until one gets the proper repair. Just wish they come in some other color besides orange. Chappell

RE: Cellular shade broke - qcj - 07-07-2013

We don't really like the shades that are on our coach. They let too much light in at night. So we are looking around for a different type of shade. I would like to hear some comments on what others have and if they like them.

RE: Cellular shade broke - ccjohnson - 07-07-2013

Chappell, We had Newell put in cellular shades with black out in our coach. They are great! No light in or out when thet are down.

RE: Cellular shade broke - qcj - 07-08-2013

CC, did you have all the windows done and if I might ask did they cost you an arm and a leg? Are they electric or manual? It seem that every park we stop at there is a light by the window and it is bright, bright, bright inside the bedroom. Thanks Chappell

RE: Cellular shade broke - encantotom - 07-08-2013

blinds are blinds. if you are wanting manual ones there are a host of places you can buy or order them. they are simple to install.

if you require electric ones and you had them previously, i have not looked but they cant be hard to find either. i have manual shades but i did discover newell ran the wires to them to be electric and left them stubbed off. would just need to find the other end and put in a switch. to me, it is just something else to fix at some point so manual ones are just fine.

tom

RE: Cellular shade broke - qcj - 07-08-2013

Tom,
I prefer anything manual because as you said there is less to go wrong. I feel I can install them myself but need to figure which ones we want first. There is a place here in Texas, MCD that sells shades and need to check with them now that mine are starting to act up. Thanks, Chappell

RE: Cellular shade broke - ron skeen - 07-08-2013

I also put black out cellular shades in my 96. I even installed in the front window cordless and remove the curtains. They have a lifetime warranty.
My 04 has the electric and they are worthless in blocking out the light. We have put cling backout plastic on the bedroom window and I hope to change the shade to blackout cellular in the future.