You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

TV heat vent

We normally don't watch a lot of TV. Today as we monitored Irma, I guess we had it on for several hours when a blower fan came on that I had never heard before. I tracked it down behind the TV. I guess it is to ventilate excess heat from the original 42' plasma monitor ( you know the boat anchor mounted above the driver and passenger seats). It took about an hour for the thing to shut off. I was about to pop the breaker for the entertainment area when it finally went off. Are there any other controls besides the temperature switch that turned it on-off?

I suspect this would not be needed with a current TV?

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

when i first got mine, i replaced the old plasma tvs with lcd. i heard these fans all the time. since it is hot here in phoenix area most of the time, it was hot enough with just ambient air to turn the fans on. all they are is two small computer whisper fans each with a separate button bi metal type thermostat. i took them both out. the old plasma tv monitors that were in mine were like gigantic heaters. they put out a lot of heat. no need to cool the newer tvs.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH