You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

The shakedown

I have some questions about our coach. 
This is the first trip we have been on since taking ownership of the Newell. It’s suppose to be relaxing and it’s turning into a mechanical schooling instead, lol. 

There have been so many things happening in this shakedown. Although we have kept the dealership up to date on the issues we have been learning and we have been reading the manuals to help us have a better understanding of the coach. I still have some basic yet important procedure questions regarding some things to make sure I operate things correctly. 

1. When using the aqua hot system: once We have connected the coach to the city water source,  What do We do next to turn on the system and what buttons other than the button that says “city” water On the interior panel do We switch on while parked at an RV park? Also if We were boondocking how is that procedure different? 

2. We have a small leak in the full bath in the back around the seal of the escape hatch in the ceiling. What product do you suggest we use to seal it up best on the roof? 

3. When parked and connected to power and after using “travel“ to level the coach and extending out the slides, how do you suggest We lower the coach and dump the air?  Do We dump the air when parked for longer periods of time? What is the best practice etc. this coach has new airbags and those systems are working correctly. 

4. We had a pretty significant leak of hydraulic fluid on the back drivers side and it leaked in to the bedroom which we cleaned there is quite a bit of leaking on the side if the slide outside and it looked on the top of the slide outside of the seal. The seal appears to be holding so that’s good. 
-what should We clean it with 
-best procedure to close the slide with this Broken pin and/or leak (We have to close it to bring it to the mechanic you all suggested in central Florida and want to make sure it doesn’t leak everywhere once it may closed again. 

5. Kitchen sink hoses- we have sprung a significant leak under the sink and it rained into stove top in the lower bay where all those wires are. Once we have someone repair or replace the faucet and piping what do you suggest we protect or cover the underbelly wiring with once it’s all dry. 
Once discovered , Brian did turn off that part of the water to the galley. That was convenient so we could still use the the bathroom sink shower etc. 

So many thing to learn, thank you all for your wisdom, 
Kimberly 

Kimberly & Brian 
  • Grasshopper Newell Owner
  • 2002 Newell P2000i
Central Florida 
Consciouscontent.org
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
The shakedown - by OurNewelllife - 07-28-2020, 05:59 AM
RE: The shakedown - by Richard - 07-28-2020, 09:41 AM
RE: The shakedown - by PlazaGuy - 07-29-2020, 07:07 AM