You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

amp question

If you pull the cover off the breaker box, you will see a singular wire attached to the breaker. You should measure the amperage on that wire.

Now look at the MAIN breaker for the entire coach. You should see two wires attached to that breaker. One black and one red. Those are the two main legs. Measure each with just the AC’s running. The neutral leg is white, and the ground is green. You do not need to measure white or green.

Caution is the watch word. You are working with live voltage. Do not do this if you are not comfortable. Find a tech or friend who is.

Early in my coach days, I found a basic “how to wire a house” book was a huge help in understanding the basics of how a coach was wired on the 120 side. Learning the fundamentals of 120V wiring is a worthwhile endeavor for any coach owner.

When you open the breaker box cover, take some pics and post them here. Identify the AC breakers with a piece of tape or something.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
amp question - by beno12me - 06-10-2021, 03:52 PM
RE: amp question - by Richard - 06-10-2021, 04:41 PM
RE: amp question - by beno12me - 06-10-2021, 05:50 PM
RE: amp question - by Fulltiming - 06-10-2021, 08:46 PM
RE: amp question - by Richard - 06-11-2021, 05:10 AM