You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Basement AC -to- Conventional MiniSplit?

You could go with a ducted mini split and use the mini air handler in the basement piped to the coaches original duct work. Doing so will cut your storage space quite a bit. I too am not a fan of hanging the mini split evaporators in plain sight or on a cabinet. If that were my only choice, I would modify the cabinets so the evaporator would be flush with the surrounding cabinets that are unaffected. We have ceiling cassettes in two room additions and one huge 36x36" ceiling cassette in the garage. Those things are deep and there is really no way you can conceal those in a newell ceiling without the cassette protruding through the roof along with a weatherproof box made to close up the exterior. If that was the case, go with a roof top air and be done with it.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Messages In This Thread
Basement AC -to- Conventional MiniSplit? - by SouthernDevGirl - 08-02-2022, 01:08 AM
RE: Basement AC -to- Conventional MiniSplit? - by folivier - 08-02-2022, 05:39 AM
RE: Basement AC -to- Conventional MiniSplit? - by Richard - 08-02-2022, 07:04 AM
RE: Basement AC -to- Conventional MiniSplit? - by BusNit - 08-02-2022, 08:30 AM