You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Removal of a broken slide cylinder

Well, this weekend I received a rebuilt cylinder from Richard (thanks!) and went to install it in the front side of the salon slide out. I tried multiple times installing the hydraulic cylinder into the hole blind, but that did not work out at all. I then put a flashlight up in the area of where the cylinder went and at one lucky angle, and using a mirror, with the front end of the coach jacked up, I could see where I was supposed to target sliding the cylinder into the rectangular tube it will call home.

When installing make sure that the direction of the fittings you will have to reconnect are lined up in the direction that the hoses were in at disassembly. After extending the cylinder (with both fittings T connected to my hand hydraulic pump) until the end of the cylinder rod stopped at the allen head retaining bolt that I re-installed I stopped pumping. To then attach the rod to the coach I removed the allen bolt again, followed by pushing the cylinder in about an inch while somebody on the bolt end used a pointed rod to align the bolt and rod hole. Simple!

I then continued pumping to get the cylinder cap threaded end through the mounting bracket by lifting and pumping at the same time.

I re-hooked up the cylinder hoses then I will adjust the large nuts on the cap end after I get the salon aft cylinder in position after rebuilding.

In anticipation of being successful, I reinstalled the access panel on the drivers side along with the tire before I called it a day.

Messages In This Thread
Removal of a broken slide cylinder - by Gnawrocki1 - 02-25-2023, 06:29 PM
RE: Removal of a broken slide cylinder - by BusNit - 02-25-2023, 10:10 PM
RE: Removal of a broken slide cylinder - by Gnawrocki1 - 02-26-2023, 06:04 PM
RE: Removal of a broken slide cylinder - by hypoxia - 03-13-2024, 07:11 AM
RE: Removal of a broken slide cylinder - by Gnawrocki1 - 03-06-2023, 10:58 AM
RE: Removal of a broken slide cylinder - by RussWhite - 03-07-2023, 09:36 AM
RE: Removal of a broken slide cylinder - by Tim wade - 03-12-2024, 07:41 PM
RE: Removal of a broken slide cylinder - by Richard - 03-13-2024, 03:49 AM
RE: Removal of a broken slide cylinder - by hypoxia - 03-13-2024, 06:53 AM
RE: Removal of a broken slide cylinder - by Richard - 03-13-2024, 07:01 AM
RE: Removal of a broken slide cylinder - by Gnawrocki1 - 03-13-2024, 08:53 AM