You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Amp/Multi meter

russ, looks like a nice meter. the scale in DC is 40a, 400a, 400 and 2000 microamps. in the 40a setting you have 1 ma accuracy, so the 40a setting is probably where you would use it, not the microamp setting.

i think i might pick me up one too. i like the flukes but they are too pricey, even used.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

hi russ,

so, as usual, i totally trusted your research on that klein. have you used it yet? i found a barely used one on ebay for $50 bucks shipped and bought it. it will be here in a few days. i love new tools!

thanks for picking out the right one so i didnt have to really research much.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

If I told you about something someone gave me, you would find someone willing to give you two! You are the ultimate bargain shopper.

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

So Tom wanted to know if I had used the Klein yet. So, nice guy that I am, I interrupted my busy retirement schedule to checkout the Klein. Well, I bought it to read DC amps in the clamp-on mode. We have discussed that previously in this thread.

I turned off the charger and read the discharge rate on the battery bank from my Link 2000. The Link uses a mv shunt to get its DC amps readings. Shunts have a great reputation for accuracy and I tend to believe them. Reading and converting the MV DC by the Link is easy, so I had decided to trust the Link. Well, the Link 2000 read 15.8 amps and my ( more expensive than Tom's ) Klein read 15.3.

I am happy with my purchase, and assuming it has a long life, I will easily get my money's worth.

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Unless someone can find a flaw with this unit, I will be ordering it in another day or so.
http://beverlyhillselectric.stores.yahoo...61768.html

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.