You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

bottom of slide sticking out after sitting

First order of business is to see if the skins have shifted and if you need a rivet job.

Both the inspection for the shifting, and the shimming of the slide room are covered above.

Can you be more specific about the clarification you seek?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

The procedure for shimming the bedroom slide, I guess I'm missing it in the postings- all I read was "The slide bearing blocks are the blocks that those stainless rails run upon. They are made of Delrin, a high density self lubricating nylon. The SS rails do not need lubrication. I have not replace the ones in the bedroom so I do not know how to access them" . I am going to call Newell today to see if they have a guide on the rear hwh slide adjustment. The rivets look good in good condition with none popped. Thanks again!

Jesse & Sara White
2001 Newell 582
Wasilla Alaska

Not meaning to frustrate you, but I was typing on a soda cracker before.

Let’s step back and look at the potential causes and possible fixes.
One, the opening for the room could be out of square with the most probable cause the aforementioned rivet issue. Take a picture of the opening where the upper trim band is affixed if the skins behind the trim piece are not aligned then that must be fixed first.

If the opening is square, and the room is tilted in the opening, the nylon bearing blocks that the room slides upon reside in the ceiling of the basement. The ceiling “tiles” must be removed to see them. They will be located in line with the stainless runners on the bottom of the slide. They will be located up against the outboard side of the coach. The room can be lifted enough with bottle jacks to replace the bearings or to shim them to align the room.

Third, the room may be cocked from side to side. That can be adjusted with the hard stops that are located in the ceiling of the passenger tire well, and the ceiling of the first bay behind the door.

Pictures of the room opening discrepancies with the room retracted will help tremendously in helping you diagnose the issue.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Not frustrated at all! From my conversation with Newell today, it seems I will be ordering two new slide blocks then jacking the slide up on the two rails under the slide to gain access to the worn block breaking the rivet and replacing the block using 2 additional new shims to gain the correct height. They recommended replacing the rear block while we are at it. Seems it's going to be a tight working area but according to them doable. Overtime the blocks wearout losing height sometimes unevenly. This is going to be fun!

Jesse & Sara White
2001 Newell 582
Wasilla Alaska

I'll post some pictures tonight of the "misaligned" slide.

Thank you again!

At last I got the photos! With the slide in it sits perfectly even so nothing really to show. I hope this clears up what I was attempting to explain in words! Ha ha.

Jesse & Sara White
2001 Newell 582
Wasilla Alaska

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)