You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Teddy Heater Intermittent

Steve- are you in Marble Falls this winter? We are having a rally in April. Hope I get thawed out by then.

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Does that mean the vent under my front table is actually a heater that has never worked? Is that what one of the Aqua Hot relays are for? so in the front, the kitchen vent, under the living room table and the heaters next to each front seat are controlled by the thermostat under the counter in the kitchen?

2001 Newell 45'8" Triple slide Coach #588
Series 60 DDEC Allison World 6 speed 4000
2010 Polaris Rzr-S, plated and trailered

Lance,
Your coach does not have "teddy heaters". Your system is made up of three type of heat exchangers: Cozy, Komfort & Whisper heat exchangers. Each heat exchanger has a fan(s). Your galley and salon heat exchangers SHOULD come on together. If a heat vent is not blowing then the fan motor for that heat exchanger has failed. Most of the heat exchangers are mounted at the vents. Now the salon heat exchanger is remotely mounted in the basement and the vents are supplied warm air by hosing. The Komfort heat exchanger and the hosing for the vents is located in the basement. It is common for the Komfort heat exchangers to not blow air due to a seized up motor. Where exactly the Komfort heat exchanger is located depends on whether you have roof airs or basement airs. If you have roof airs let me know as I have replaced the motor and can provide further guidance.

For background go back & read post #4 in this thread and the link provided.

This is a Komfort heat exchanger. Only the motor fails and only the motor needs to be replaced.

http://www.parts.rvhydronicheaterrepair....16-200.htm

Here is the motor for the Komfort heat exchanger:

http://www.parts.rvhydronicheaterrepair....15-241.htm

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Lance, my 2001 has small 120v electric heaters next to each front seat. If you see that they are plugged into an outlet, then they are independent from the AquaHot system.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

(04-29-2014, 08:32 AM)Chester Stone Wrote:  Lance, my 2001 has small 120v electric heaters next to each front seat.  If you see that they are plugged into an outlet, then they are independent from the AquaHot system.
Chester, I have a 110v outlet on the floor by both the driver and passenger seats. Each has a grey electrical cord plugged into it. The cords disappear into the wall. Are these for heaters referenced above? If so how do you turn them on?

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

The heater under the credenza between the passenger seat and recliner is not working. I traced the blower hoses to the air conditioner compartment in the basement to a large black box, that I suspect is a blower. Is this connected to the AquaHot or does it have an electric heater inside? The exterior of the black box is thick with black soot. I am thinking it is old dried hydraulic fluid that was never cleaned after a leak. Does anyone know the make and model? If so, rebuild or buy new? (Pictures below)
Thanks
Mike

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike & Jeannie Ginn

I would guess that you will find the engine heat core in that box. Is there engine coolant hoses hooked up to it? My '93 has an air inlet for the dash hvac in the floor near the passenger seat. The air goes in there and then circulates through the engine A/C evaporator, then through the heater core , then through those 3" air hoses to the dash vents.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

(01-25-2017, 07:06 PM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  I would guess that you will find the engine heat core in that box. Is there engine coolant hoses hooked up to it? My '93 has an air inlet for the dash hvac in the floor near the passenger seat. The air goes in there and then circulates through the engine A/C evaporator, then through the heater core , then through those 3" air hoses to the dash vents.

As I read old posts, I am thinking that there is a heater core in the box which comes from the AquaHot. I need to take a closer look from different angles because I could not see heater hoses from the angle of the 2 pictures. We will use the coach this weekend and need some heat (low 45 degrees at night). Maybe I can figure this puzzle out :-)

Mike & Jeannie Ginn

Mike,

Forgive me if you posted this info earlier. When you say not working is it fan doesn't blow? or fan blows but no warm air?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

There is a relay on the basement bay forward wall where the Aquahot is that controls that heater blower (at least on my '98). Check the connections there. There are also a few relays on the Aquahot control board.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337