You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Poll: Do you drive at Night - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Never
23.73%
23.73%
Once in a while
40.68%
40.68%
Yes, all the time
35.59%
35.59%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Poll on driving at night

a day job is such a nuisance. it gets in the way of doing what you want too......i never understood that until the last 9 months.....ha

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Soon!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I can't see the road debris - like old tires. Can't see the end of my trailer. Driving at night, I'll pass and have a little wine

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

I drive at night most of the time. Always team up with a couple of 18 wheelers who are the most courteous ones on the road and when they start getting off the road because of weather I stop as we'll.

I will drive at night only if it is a necessity, and never in Mexico where I travel frequently.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Arriving in rain and at night in a Florida campground tucked away in a swamp was the last time I drove at night. If I ever get soem big improvements in my headlights, night driving is only an emergency.
I gave up my airplane when my distance vision deteriorated a bit...so night driving in a motor home is dicey for me.

Tom Gauger-Dave Snyder
'01 Monaco Exec 515 Cummins ISM
'17 Chevy Colorado Toad
Shermans Dale, PA

I clearly understand not wanting to drive at night for any reason anyone has, I especially don't like day time driving against the sun or when it's raining.
Once on a trip shortly after I got the coach I now have I was on my way to Branson driving at night in the rain and approached a narrow bridge sign and a semi was coming toward me, I pulled as close as I thought I could to the right. I heard a loud crash and my daughter said that I hit the bridge which was one of the old tressel type with steel girders up the sides. I could see that both of my mirrors on the right we're missing and I pulled into on RV park that was not open because it was late fall, a lady came a told me could use a site for the night and plug in.
Hitting this bridge had nothing to do with driving at night or the fact that it was raining, I just got to close and the bridge won. Other than losing both mirrors nothing else was damaged so fortunately for me it was one of those nights that Jesus loved me because 1or 2 more inches closer it would been all over for my wife daughter and myself.
It is very difficult driving the coach with no right mirrors and the good news is Newell is only an hour away and the next morning they delivered me a new mirror. End of a long story, I can assure that my wife does not like driving at night, but when I travel alone I always do it.
That's my story and I'm sticking with it

wally, it is so good to hear from you. your signature of thats my story and i am sticking with it always brings a smile to me.

i also know you are the ironman of newell driving.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Never

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

All the time

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701