You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1517 Bunk Coach

Is that OSB flooring? When did Newell start using that?

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Marc

Yes please send pics as often as possible. Thank you

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

It appears the OSB board is place to protect the floor. Perhaps Marc can verify this on Thursday.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

I'm not sure what sob floor is.. But I'll be up there at 10 in the morn. If you want to call me at 10 I can take as many pics of whatever you wantSmile

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Marc

Thanks for the pics they are great

Progress being made

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

That is a lot of wire!

for some reason i thought there was less wire in the new coaches with the multiplexed bus control systems. i realize power still needs to be surprised but there really is a LOT of wire there.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I was thinking the inverse. Considering the # of gizmos n lighting that will be installed, not that much. You should look at the Prevost!! I'm always amazed in that no matter how much the Newell changes it remains true to the origins and basic model. My ole' 74 was much the same. That's what I love about the Newell. Basic design and construction thru the ages. Just me I know, I always wonder, "How is it Made"! Not so much other stuff.

It's looking Great!!

Jimmy

So I have spent many hours reviewing the lighting and switching for the coach. At many points during this time I felt like just leaving it the way Newell sent it, then I remember that we are building this and we have the choice so I can blame me when I don't like it. For what it's worth there are 185 switches not including items not on the Spyder system inside, some 25 or more outside. I am not complaining just sharing.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

The degree of complexity of the new coaches compared to ones built 15-25 years ago is absolutely amazing. I can just imagine what the wiring spaghetti would look like without the multiplex Spyder system.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com