You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Spare parts list

You will never find that in my wallet.....................................check Suzy's purse!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Everyone's ideas are awesome.. I may add spare tire to the list because I have room in the stacker.. I'm thinking even a few thousand in spare parts is with it. Because even if fixing it is above my pay grade at least I have the part.. I'm also considering some air jacks so I could change a tire on the stacker

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Twice I have had to change the fuel filters mid trip on the highway. I always carry set of those now.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Question on DAVCO 382 fuel filter/water separator.  I wanted some spare filters for my DAVCO so I called DAVCO to get their input since their website did not list the filter that was currently in mine - a FF5369 25 micron filter.  They told me to get a FS19729 50 micron filter since I had a 2007 coach with a CAT C15.  What are your thoughts on this?  It would seem like a 50 micron filter would be letting an awful lot of crud through to my main CAT fuel filter.  The 25 micron filter seems to be working OK and not starving my C15s thirst for fuel.  A FS19728 is the replacement for the FF5369 25 micron filter.  I have a spare CAT fuel filter but wanted some spare DAVCO filters in case I picked up some bad fuel.

Oscar & Janet Valent
Full timing
2004 Foretravel U320 3820 PBBS
2007 Newell Coach #815 - Great Coach Sold
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

I just bought 5 Fleetguard Fuel Cartridge Filter FF5369W. I bought quantity 5 to take advantage of a small quantity discount.
Is this the primary fuel filter or the secondary filter?  Where is the other fuel filter located?

Update: I realized the FS1029W is newer, probably better (since it's finer10 microns) than the FF5369 (20 microns), which is also slightly cheaper. So I canceled that order. I ordered two FS1029W.

Being a finer filter, I wonder if this will starve the engine or put more burden on the fuel pump.

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

That is the one and only fuel filter on that engine. Oscar and the CAT owners have a different setup.

Second, I have seen micron recommendations all over the map. In one of my Detroit manuals it says 5 micron recommended.

Relatively little impact on the lift pump, since the filter is in the suction side. If it is too fine, or clogs up, the fuel line to the lift pump simply empties as evidenced by NO fuel in the bowl.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

The Davco site says 7 micron for the Detroit 50/60 Davco 382 Filters
I'm a little skittish on buying filters etc. from unknown sources, lots of counterfeit parts out there.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling