You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

I will have Newell install a 50 amp plug on my new hitch for my stacker.. Easy to tap in to the buddy plug

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Marc, I think it would be easier to just come out the breaker box being it is right above the hitch. I don't know it the buddy plug is hot or not without the gen running.
Tom I order the VMSPC with the DD plug form the source you gave me. Thanks. It was $306.00 including the correct plug. I don't know why they don't picture it.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

The buddy plug should be hot as long as there is power to the coach, either shore power or generator. That is the way it is on my coach.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Michael I have never checked. I just figured one would not want another buddy plugged in my 50 amp. plug if I was plugged only into 50 amps or even 30 amps. Matter of facts is it still hot when plugged into 30 amps. I need to check that.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Be careful not to run stacker generator while plugged into buddy plug. Might cause some damage to main coach electrical systems.

Great point !

Marc, I wonder if the stacker has an automatic transfer switch?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I'm not sure, I have a 50 amp plug on the stacker, I could plug the coach into the stacker and run off that generator, or as I do when I am in storage I plug the stacker into the coach buddy plug.. I really love the stacker. Going to texas motor speedway with the stacker and 3 friends. Going to use the stacker for 2 friends to sleep in. Also may buy a rzr 900 tomorrow.. Found a good deal just trying to decide if I really want one.. If I take off the roll cage it fits upstairs

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Marc check out the http://www.rzrforums.net/roll-cages-safety-equipment/
There are a few guys who built a fold-down roll cage, that might be better than just taking it off. Also depending on how much room you have some guys have also lowered the roll cage.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337