You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2004 Newell

I still drag, but not as much since I got my ride height adjusted at Newell. I was about 2" too low. Should be about 11 and 1/2" to 12" measuring frame behind front wheels and the same in front of drive wheels on my 99. They always adjust ride height before they do a wheel alignment.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Good point Chappell. I have seen Newells that sit WAY low. That not only interferes with dragging on slope changes but it is hard on the driveline if it is off very much since it changes the driveshaft angle.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Gary, alot of Wanderlodges came factory with rollers on the rear. I installed some on a low trailer works great. Dragging bottom is nasty, I plan on putting a couple under mine for sure, my rad is low also

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

Quick question: What is the height with AC of a 2004 Newell? (Checking as one of my campgrounds is accessed under a 13' tunnel.
Thanks!
Tom Gauger
2001 Monaco Exec & still drooling over #671

Tom Gauger-Dave Snyder
'01 Monaco Exec 515 Cummins ISM
'17 Chevy Colorado Toad
Shermans Dale, PA

Over 13'. Mine is 13'4" I believe. I know it is under 13' 6" and over 13'.

I avoid anything less than 13' 6"

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

Hey Jason I agree I'm thinking we are close to 13'6 with the ac

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Ok this might sound over the top crazy and I am not providing advice or anything but red neck thoughts...

but if this is a campground you love and can't live without and you really want a newell it might be worth checking. I'm not familiar with coach 671 but if it does not have roof air it might be "close" to 13'. You would need to get this verified. It is possible to "lower" the coach lower than ride height temporarily but I'm not sure what the lowest you could do without causing other problems. Lastly maybe there is a margin of safety in the clearance warning sign? Or maybe a situation such as that you could drive through the middle part while your buddy stops oncoming traffic!

All I know is I've known a few people who love a campground enough to go to great lengths to go there!

Just trying to think outside the box, crazy as it may be

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

btw, i dont think roof airs make it taller. my basement air coach is over 13 feet. my ceilings are nearly 7 1/2' tall and i know those that have roof airs of the same vintage the ceiling is a little lower.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I am thinking the sensation of the sound of things being "scraped" off of the roof is about the same as the sight of smoke billowing out of the engine compartment. I would definitely get an accurate measurement of both coach & tunnel before going through. A lot of low clearances are not accurately posted on signage due to roadway resurfacing making actual clearances lower because of pavement build up over the years. I am always leery of anything less than 8" over measured coach height.

I went through a low clearance of 13'6" today in New Mexico or north Texas, can't remember exactly where. But I DO remember seeing the ripped and torn metal of the overpass. Someone definitely taller went through there!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337