You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Factory service

A big thank you to the guys at Newell. I dropped 701 off 2 weeks ago for some paint work and a smal punch list of items. When I had purchased it, the tire pressure monitor system was not working and I figured since that was not working when I bought it And it was an after market add on I was just going to be without it. Since mine has the 365 upgrade tire blowouts have not been an issue On those tires. Well Newell noticed it wasn't working and it was just like I had on 512.. When I picked it up they had replaced it with a full8 tire pressure pros system! And didn't charge me because they said when we sell you a coach we warranty everything. Thank you Newell

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

That is amazing! The more I hear about Newell's service the better it gets. Now if a service. Enter would open in the north east.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

It even gets more amazing. About 4 or 5 years ago a guy inquired about the heater filters on his 1970s vintage Newell coach. He said he couldn't figure out how to get to them. A Newell rep, who monitored the forum, chimed in and said that they had mis-engineered a few of those. He said if you would bring the coach to the factory they would re-engineer the install so the filters were accessible at their expense. Now the coach was 30+ years old, but they stood behind what they felt was a mistake.

I couldn't find the original post so I relate the story from memory, but that is close.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

That is absolutely amazing. Like the Nordstrom's of the RV world.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Remarkable!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

(05-25-2014, 07:04 PM)Yachts Wrote:  A big thank you to the guys at Newell. I dropped 701 off 2 weeks ago for some paint work and a smal punch list of items. When I had purchased it, the tire pressure monitor system was not working and I figured since that was not working when I bought it And it was an after market add on I was just going to be without it. Since mine has the 365 upgrade tire blowouts have not been an issue On those tires. Well Newell noticed it wasn't working and it was just like I had on 512.. When I picked it up they had replaced it with a full8 tire pressure pros system! And didn't charge me because they said when we sell you a coach we warranty everything. Thank you Newell

I was wondering if this TPMS on coach 701 is a factory original or an aftermarket install. Now it's clear to me. 
But I still don't know if it works or not.  It seems I need to find a mini-USB power cord to be able to power it on.

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

Nope, not factory original. The factory original used monitors inside the tire, and Newell only used them on the fronts. The company that makes that system no longer services the RV market.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

The sensors, etc. might still be available. A few years ago I bought some from somewhere online. They were the type that screw onto the tire valve. Search on eBay, amazon, rvupgrade.com, etc.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337