You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Mouse: 2, me: 0

Tom, that might work, but I have a better idea. Go to wally world and while there go to their dangerous and exotic animal trap dept. and ask the guys to see their mouse trap selection. It should be easy to find because there are always trophies hanging on the wall. I'm sure Forest will be able to find just what he needs. Then after he catches the little bugger there is one important thing left to do and that is find a taxidermist and have the little bugger stuffed. I would suggest a head mount, I've never really cared for a mount with the animal heading away from me, but that is his choice. After this thing is mounted I,m sure Cindy would hang it in the motor home in a place for Forest to enjoy.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Or better yet maybe I'll get a python. It should be able to slither around wherever it needs to and get the mouse....

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Oh, the snake python. At first I thought you were talking about the now out of production Colt 357 magnum, one of the finest ever made.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

This is all true Forest, but how would you ever be able to mount the bugger after a Python consumed it?" Come on, my way is better. You need it hanging in your coach. Plus we all need a photo of it. Not only that, I would rather had a mouse than a Python in my bay.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Maybe I should try and capture it live then give it to Richard since his coach has a Mickey Mouse theme....

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Good point Forest and let me tell you how to do it. My youngest daughter years ago lost her pet hamster in her room. We looked everywhere for it and could not find it and we really needed to because we had a live in cat. So being a boy that was raised in a small of Toccoa in NE Georgia, I knew how to build rabbit boxes. So I built a miniature rabbit box and caught the hamster the first night. Last year we saw signs of a mouse in one of our closets so being a pack rat (no pun intended) and never throw anything away so I found the 35 year old miniature hamster trap. Baited it with cheese and caught the mouse the first night.
By now Forest you can see where this is going. You can either build a miniature mouse trap or I would be happy to lend you this one. The only thing I only see you once a year and by that time that mouse might have grown too large to fit into the trap. So you really need to act quickly because they can be quite destructive.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

That is a great homemade mouse trap Chappell.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

My wife says just get a cat. Problem solved

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Success at last! Nuttin like a Victor!
Guess I'll leave the traps out for a while in case he wasn't alone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Yes indeed. The new technology 'humane' methods don't work nearly as well as the tried and true metal and wood traps.

Good job!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com