You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

VMSPC problems & solutions

Since I bought the '98 coach my VMSPC has been having problems. Some of the gauges will either lock up or go to zero while driving. I've had Silverleaf tech guy on the phone before trying to see where the problem is to no avail. While driving from the rally the lockups and zeros got worse, especially when I needed the coolant temperature. So I sent it back to them to check out. They said it was one of the first 25 usb models and did a software update and it appears to be working correctly now. They have it on a bench test this weekend and will ship it back on Monday. So hopefully it will work like it should.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Got it back yesterday for a $50 charge to check out and update the firmware. It worked great on the drive down to Nathrop today. I was about to throw it out the window, guess I'll keep it now. Nice to have all my info again!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

That is really good to hear. If you take the coavh back to the mother ship do they do the update as well?

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Doug this is the stand alone VMSpc that you plug into a laptop to give you all of your gauges. Not the glass dash you probably have on yours. But it's from the same company Silverleaf.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest, my coach came with the unit. I added a small laptop, it gives the graph, but no data to the screen. The green led lites are on and the red flashing led is functional. I have no manuall, and am stumped why no data appears on the screen. Ideas?

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

This is the unit that most of us have: http://www.silverleafelectronics.com/forum/25?q=node/6
It attaches to the diagnostic port under the dash then a usb cable to your laptop. You just need to tell them what type of connector you need. You have to download the software from their website and build your gauge set on your laptop. You can configure it anyway you want. Is yours a different model with a display screen? I believe Steve Bare has one like that and could maybe give your more info.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Ernie, on http://www.silverleafelectronics.com/forum/25?q=node/9 about half way down the page are links to download the software and manuals free. When you get it configured the way you want it, you will wonder how you lived without it.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thanks guys. I have tomorrow off- with my knowledge of this stuff, should take all dayBig Grin

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

ernie, on the older serial units, the serial to usb adapters were finicky.

check your usb port for it.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH