You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Resolved Front house A/C not working and 100+ temp

99% sure it's an scs

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Yes, based on paperwork these are SCS / RVAC units...I found the manuals in our paperwork and also confirmed unit part #'s on large coach drawing.
Being a noob, I'm currently asking which bay to get into and images / steps to actual gain access to the unit that is for front salon.
Then I can look at board and use DVM to gain reading and verify if 120v and 12v is where it should be.
Many Thx

1996 Coach #422 Fulltiming

If I remember correctly, there were some issues regarding the size of the wires connecting the board. Some found them burned, replaced with a larger gauge wire, fixing the problem. The issue seemed to manifest during hot weather when the AC ran more than not... Someone that has experience on that issue can chime in ................

Jimmy

Jeff
If you look at the visible coils, there will be a four inch wide piece of galvanized steel to the right. Remove the screw at the bottom and lift out and down. That will give you access to the circuit boards

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I had the same problem in Arizona two summers ago. I removed the cover that Richard describes, and a light tap on the various solenoids started the unit. I also found a loose screw on one of the 110v wire terminals. Just an idea.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Hi Richard and others...
Problem is I just figured out board access is underneath coach!
Spoke with Cresslie and he confirmed that is only access to front single unit board.
Crap! Not luvin' that design....
Plus he couldn't find they had replacement board....and had no suggestion of tech in OKC metro.
Jimmy gave me contact I will try, but really feel I need board in hand to have fixed fast and on one tech visit.
Tom did you get the boards off units Ron ended up with?
Link to board rebuilders was 3 day turn to fix your board....with temps here now that ain't best case.
Hot times...
Open to ideas Guru's
Thanks

Jeff,
Sorry, been out of touch with site. Russ White rebuilt the front board for me. It is easily accessible from under the coach. I thought I might of had and extra board in some of the parts you have but not sure. I might have sent the spare to a company to rebuild and never got it back. Matt Russo used to have extra board for his 96. He and I change one in Ouray and I don't know what happen to the old one,

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

If you go under your coach please make sure to properly block it up. The air suspension could drop the coach on top of you.
Good luck.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Also the 120v wire terminals are very delicate and easily broken. I have seen photos posted on this or the old forum that are more rugged than mine.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

So does anyone have info or images on where to block up coach?
What about experience pulling front unit...can it come out drivers side bay?
Newell will have new boards for single SCS units on Tuesday....$189 ea