You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Resolved Front house A/C not working and 100+ temp

I'm currently working on my basement A/C for the Salon.The compressor/condenser is in the middle of the basement near the stairs. I am replacing the fan motor and cleaning everything. I found a spray foam cleaner at Menards designed for the A/C radiators. I am impressed with how it dissolved and "floated" the dirt loose.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Careful Jeff, you might have more help than you want. I'll be about 3 hours from Steves and may drive up to help.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

jeff, any progress yet?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Jeff:
Come on down! I can hook you up! I eliminated my basement airs in January 09 and you have them now. I freed up two bays on the drivers side and the first one now is a pass thru. I can hang meat in my coach. Being one of the first slide coaches in 97 it would not cool with the slide in and going down the road. The space above the slide was ice cold between it and the ceiling (about six inches) but the air had no way of circulating.They make a little noise but I need it to sleep by anyway. Mine aren't ducted, they just blow 15k btu's of cold air into the living area and the bedroom. This is just what has worked for me as I know others love the basement airs.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Rear unit in and working...
Guru Ozarkguy led the R&R process, I greatly appreciate his skill and encouragement.
Unit repaired and tested at Newell, Thx to Creslie and Team!
Note: I couldn't find HVAC repair in OKC that wanted to work on 12v thermostat and 'unknown' unit...w/o caveats that didn't instill confidence.
Getting ac unit to Newell where they have parts, talent, and test area was best choice...instead of paying others to 'learn' the system then fix.

Learned much and appreciate all the input...Time is the biggest challenge once you get beyond the 'fear' factory of tearing into a unknown project...
Still thinking about a combo of roof ac and basement unit.

1996 Coach #422 Fulltiming

jeff, what did they have to do to fix it? and did you get the other one going?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH