You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

PreHeat

After sitting stillIdeafor 10 days, we leave Yellowstone tomorrow.Big Grin Just wondering if switching on the engine preheat the night before would get S60 warm by morning. Temps have been in upper 40's low 50's at night.
Will this just suck down the heat created by my aqua-hot? I've only used the electric side and not the diesel.

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

I would suggest that you use the pre-heater. On our '82 it is a Block Heater and does make a difference at the lower temperatures. This usually helps the warm up period to be shorter.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

(09-04-2012, 07:10 PM)prairieschooner Wrote:  I would suggest that you use the pre-heater. On our '82 it is a Block Heater and does make a difference at the lower temperatures. This usually helps the warm up period to be shorter.
always a good idea in cool temps.

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Ernie, are you the one that does Flooring and Interior work?

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

You said Yellowstone, do you have 40 + foot coach?
I tought that you can not enter any National Parks in 40 plus coach , I could be wrong?

If so, what sort of park did yiou find there ?

Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Matt,
In those kind of temps I always preheat the series 60 and only use the electric side of AquaHot.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Like Steve Ward, I use my block heater when it is cold.....under 60. Easier to start, and much shorter warm up period. I think it is much easier on the Series 92.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

While in Reno and spending only 2 nights outside, I used the pre-heat again over-nite. This time I did have to use the diesel Aqua-hot. Temps in the 20's at night. Electric side not strong enough to heat coach and engine...Now in Vegas around 75 today... NICE...

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin