You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Turbo problems

I think JB would hold the pressure better coming out of a small hole.

Ron,

Can you reach the leak? If you can, clean the area with a bristle brush to rough the surface, then clean with acetone or lacquer thinner. Then use the epoxy. JB Weld is good stuff. Don't use the quick cure JB, it is not as heat resistant as the regular. In almost all cases quick curing epoxy is not nearly as tough as the long cure stuff. You probably don't want me to go into length of molecular chains and crosslinking.

When you apply it, the ideal situation is to get some to actually go into the hole. That way it gives the epoxy something to hold onto. Give it 24 hours before you crank the engine. If you can't wait 24, then wait till you can wait 24. The JB needs that long to reach it's final strength.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Last year I repaired a leak on my generator radiator neck using jb weld. A year later no leaks. Its worth a try Ron.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Hey guys: is there a photo somewhere that shows the mounting of the CAC and of the radiator? Also, does anyone know how much each weighs. From there we can all chime in with potential approaches for creating a flexible mount situation.

Does anyone know how Prevost and the like mount theirs. I can't imagine bus operators tolerating our failure rates.

It might make sense to create a new thread just for this topic.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Has anybody had this kind of radiator/CAC leaks on rear mounted radiators?? Both of my Newells are rear mount and I have never had a problem.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

i started a new thread on this topic here

http://newellgurus.com/Thread-discussion...-series-60

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH