You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Turbo problems

My PRE EGR has the rectangle under the ignition key

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Thanks for all of the responses. I am traveling from Page to Flagstaff with no problems so far. Will be going on to Phoenix DD Freightliner Shop while I do a Bondurant School. Hope they can figure out the problems. Still my favorite DD shops are Stewart Stevensons

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Ron, I am having some issues with Stewart Stevenson on my 8V92. They have always been great in the past in El Paso. But this is turning into a horrible experience. Was told 7-10 day turn around to have engine shipped to Wichita Falls for overhaul by Stewart Stevenson shop there. That was right after 4th of July. As of today still waiting on a head. They have all been good at passing the buck & blame all around with no one taking responsibility for the delays. I did locate a head for them in WY at the re-builder I originally intended to use until they told me same amount of time to do job in-house. Will wait & see if they get the head shipped out of WY or continue to give me run around. Would be great if they at least opened the door for me & let me pick the the destinations while they run me around! At least my sense of humor is still intact.

Thanks for suggestions. I have now found a D D dealer WW Williamson here in Flagstaff that I am going into tomorrow morning. Will let you know what happen

Went to the dealer Freightliner and really learned nothing. Spent $300 for them to tell me they could not read the codes. Drove to Page no problem. Found another dealer here in Flagstaff, WW Williamson and they read the codes and came to the concluding that the CAC was leaking and they thought it had to be fix before they could go on with the checks of fault codes. I am did not see where it was leaking but it did not have the same symptoms as my 96. I did not want to be down that long here in Flagstaff so I paid them another $400. Thought I could make it home and fix there if that was the problem. This has been a real head ache and I wish I had never gone to either dealer. NOW THE BIG PROBLEM. I have just got to Phoenix and pull in to Eagle View RV Resort. Turn the engine off and check in and when I came back to the coach and crank to go to my site it would not go into gear. It would not build enough air and the transmission would just blink. All supply air is gone and will not build any pressure to allow commodes to work or door to open. Both brake tanks still have 75lbs. The brakes released and I took my truck and pull the coach to the site. I am hook up but have not tried to put slides out or level. All airbags are up. I tried both engine,12v, and 110 to air but none will build air for the supply. I will see if the brake tank still have air in the morning. Will try to call newell in the morning. This is a first for this to happen and i don't know what they did today at the shop.

Ron: How you are hanging in there is amazing, I'd be so ticked the coach would have been for sale days ago. I can't imagine how all your compressors would fail at the same time, so for the moment I'm guessing your air supply is fine but there is a large leak somewhere in the non-brake air systems. The Pressure Protection Valve on the bulkhead ahead of your rear axle keeps that leak from draining the brake air systems below 75psi. As long as your engine was cranked up it would supply enough air to keep up with the leak, but not when you are stopped or at idle. I would start my 120v pump and listen for leaks - starting at the rear of the coach because that is where the shops were messing around.

I sure hope this is useful information given the distress you are experiencing.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Ron,

I had a similar problem on my way home from Table Rock while visiting Chappell. Not building air pressure but no air leak noise with engine off. Finally heard an air leak in rear where my dryer is mounted with engine running.

With engine off, I reached under the dryer with a long screw driver and pushed the pop off valve closed. Been working fine ever since. Running the coach this passed two days after sitting several weeks on little trip with no problems.

Good luck solving your situation.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Rudy: I thought about that but didn't suggest that option for two reasons - both of which I may be wrong about. First, there is a check valve at the discharge of most dryers that wouldn't allow the depletion of air while Ron was checking in at the campground - he should have returned to the coach with the same air pressure as when he left even if the dryer vent is stuck open. If the vent and the check valve are both stuck open then he could experience the symptoms he described.

My second reason is that I believe there is a check valve of some sort separating what is supplied by the 12v pump from the rest of the system, so this pump would pump up only that part of the system and nothing else. If my assumption is correct then a stuck dryer vent would not effect the ability to pressurize the part of the system - toilet flush for example - that can use the 12v pump. I don't know this to be true as my coach does not have this pump.

Hopefully it is helpful to know what I'm thinking AND how I might be totally off base.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Thanks for the responses. I was about ready to sell where is and as is and drive the truck home. Got up this morning and still have air in brake. Started engine to flush commode PO the neighbor. I call newell and they told me to isolate the slide seal which I did and think that is where the problem is. After 8 I will try to crank again and will keep posted.

Ron there is a transmission override switch that allows the transmission to go into gear if there is a problem with the slide. On my '98 it's in the first basement on drivers side where the slide pumps are. Don't know if yours has the same but worth a try.
But hey, we need details on how you managed to use the truck to pull the coach??
At least you're closer to Tom. He can hook you up with Leo and might help solve your problems.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337