You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Glass Dash on the cheap!!!!

I have the VMSpc with my engine data, a 7" tablet with Copilot. Then on the other side of the coach I have a W.I.F.E. which runs Streets, Google maps, weather radar, etc. The W.I.F.E. also gives me important feedback on how I'm driving....

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Bill, Michael and Forest have set theirs up similar to mine. On the 14" Asus tablet, I have all of the VMSpc engine and travel information on full screen, but with just a touch on the screen, I have Microsoft Streets and Trips, another touch and I have Co-Pilot. The screen can be easily modified for the screen to share all or part of these three on one screen. On the overhead I have mounted the Garmin Dezl and color rear view camera. The great thing about the Garmin is that it can be set up for travel conditions and does not require an external antenna to work in this location. Streets and Co-Pilot require an external antenna closer to the windshield.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Jimmy, What about holding a wet finger out the window? After all, this thread is about instrumentation on the cheap!